Indiameetup2012/Localization Sprints Chennai
Date & Location
- Date 19 Feb 2012
- Timing 9:00 am to 1:30pm
- Location IIT Madras , CS 24 ,CS-Block
- Provide clear and concise understanding of Mozilla localization ecosystem.
- Enable non-technical participants learn to contribute translations using simple web based interface.
- Community building with interaction among new and experienced localization team members
- Improve translation quality using peer review
- Capacity building of L10n teams,
1 day L10n sprint
- Divided into three module:
- Localization using Web based localization tools(Narro)
- Localization with mercurial tools.
- Each module has <20 minute talk (with slides and video demo)
- Using training material (Mozilla wiki pages, Handouts, exercise sheets)
- Software (USB pen drives with Locale specific fonts, keyboard layout software, development builds of firefox, hg bundles, mercurial tools)
- Arky, arky at mozilla dot com
- Arun Prakash, arun at mozillaindia dot org
- Dwaraka Nath, dtsdwarak AT hotmail DOT com
- Harvish Sekar, harvish AT gmail DOT com