See Platform/Features/IonMonkey for IonMonkey's planning page.
See IonMonkey/Overview for an overview of the IonMonkey architecture and its files.
- Tracking Bug: Bug 650180
- Source code: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/tip/js/src/jit
To get started, see the Build Documentation for SpiderMonkey. Use the '-h' shell option to see all of IonMonkey's options.
Currently, IonMonkey is enabled by default for those processor architectures it supports. Use '--disable-ion' to disable it.
A few tools exist to help debug IonMonkey.
- Debug spew, controlled by the environment variable IONFLAGS. Set it to help to see available options.
- Instruction spew, via setting the environment variable JMFLAGS to insns.
- c1visualizer IonMonkey writes a spew file to /tmp/ion.cfg, which can be imported into the c1visualizer. It can display a clickable control-flow graph, MIR, LIR, and liveness intervals for LSRA.
- iongraph by Sean Stangl, using IonMonkey's JSON spew.
- Some gdb tricks related to IonMonkey are listed on the Hacking Tips page of spider monkey.