About Mozilla Labs
Laboratories are where science and creativity meet to develop, research, and explore new ideas. Mozilla Labs embraces this great tradition - a virtual lab where people come together to create, experiment, and play with new Web innovations and technologies.
Anything goes here. Crazy ideas and inspirations are encouraged as we all explore and experiment with brand new ideas in whole new ways. Mozilla Labs is about inspiring and harnessing the intelligence, wisdom, and energy of the Mozilla community; let’s imagine the future of the Web, and then let’s build it together.
All are welcome. Come play.
- Concept Series - site wiki
- Get involved and share your ideas and expertise as we collectively explore and design future directions for the Web. You don't have to be a software engineer to contribue, and you don't have to know how to program computers. Everyone is welcome to participate.
- Chocolate Factory wiki
- Chocolate Factory is the collaborative Open Innovation tool for the Mozilla Labs Concept Series.
- Jetpack - site wiki
- Jetpack is a project to explore new & innovative approaches to extensibility of the browser.
- Personas - site wiki
- Personas for Firefox is an extension that provides dynamic lightweight theming for Firefox.
- Prism - site wiki
- Prism (formerly, Webrunner) is a prototype application that lets users split web applications out of their browser and run them directly on their desktop.
- Snowl - site wiki
- Could the web browser help you follow and participate in online discussions? Snowl is an experiment to answer that question. It's a prototype Firefox extension that integrates messaging into the browser.
- Test Pilot -site wiki
- Test Pilot is an idea for a new user testing program for Mozilla Labs that aims to build a 1% representative sample of the Firefox user base for soliciting wide participation and structured feedback for Labs experiments.
- Ubiquity - site wiki
- An experiment into connecting the Web with language in an attempt to find new user interfaces that could make it possible for everyone to do common Web tasks more quickly and easily.
- Weave - site wiki
- As the Web continues to evolve and more of our lives move online, we believe that Web browsers like Firefox can and should do more to broker rich experiences while increasing user control over their data and personal information.
- Labs Site 2.0 - wiki
- An ongoing project to improve the Mozilla Labs website. Ideas and help always welcome!
- JS Modules -- wiki
- A set of handy code modules useful in Firefox add-on development.
- Full projects list
- Includes older, archived, or otherwise inactive projects.
Mozilla Labs is using Google Groups for all its discussions. You can find those groups here:
- Mozilla Labs (general discussion and anything that doesn't fit elsewhere)
- Concept Series
- Test Pilot
- Chris Beard
- Anant Narayanan: Weave, Jetpack
- Atul Varma
- Aza Raskin: UX Thinking & Design, Jetpack
- Chris Hofmann
- Dan Mills: Weave
- Dan Walkowski: Weave
- Edward Lee: Weave
- Jinghua Zhang: Test Pilot
- Joe Walker: Bespin
- John Resig: Web Platform Capabilities
- Jono Xia: Test Pilot
- Kevin Dangoor: Bespin
- Michael Hanson: Principal Engineer, Labs
- Mike Connor: Weave
- Myk Melez: Jetpack
- Pascal Finette: Operations, Concept Series
- Patrick Walton: Bespin
- Ragavan Srinivasan: Weave
- Sean Martell: Graphic Design
- Amy Zehren: Personas
- Toby Elliott: Weave
- Zandr Milewski: IT support, Weave
Most Labs projects have a Twitter account - follow us if you're interested in up-to-the-minute news: