MailNews:Address Book RoadMap
|Address Book Homepage|
|LDAP Address Books|
The purpose of this page is to provide a guide to where various aspects of Thunderbird/SeaMonkey may proceed to improve the address book and the various advantages of each step.
This is not an agreed roadmap, nor is it a statement of what Thunderbird/SeaMonkey will definitely do.
Back-end Interface Re-organisation
Main bug is bug 413260
- Make the nsIAbCard interface more flexible for new properties and different types (patch awaiting review from dmose).
- Start refactoring nsIAbDirectory into nsIAbCollection.
- Decide on interfaces for copying with async and sync protocols
Very much wanted by lots of people.
bug 86405 is the main tracking bug.
- Once AB Interface redesign has completed the async/sync interfaces, implement appropriate hooks for LDAP (if not already there).
- Implement any required UI tweaks/improvements.
- Provides a good solution for users (mainly corporate/small networks?) to share address books.
- Writable LDAP source code is in cvs, enabled by compilation switch.