- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next Merge: 2014-06-09
- Aurora feature review next Tuesday
Topics for This Week
- Search Activity
- Progress on search activity prototype, looking to start landing things in Nightly. Taking over the mobile front-end meeting this Friday (9:30am PDT) to discuss technical details.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Alex Deaconu fixed bug 1011714 - Clean up removal of Reading List items
- Capella fixed multiple bugs
- Shashank VRSN Sabniveesu fixed bug 1018089 - SQLiteBridge.getVersion leaks a cursor
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Gonzales stuff (gzip, gif->webm, architecture)
- Working on making Talos work with GeckoViewExample
- Rework headless patch to pass Finkle test
- New intern(s)
Alan K. (ack)
- Last week
- Cleanup/refactoring CloudSync for landing based on review feedback (thanks rnewman!)
- This week
- Continuing with CloudSync refactoring on data providers
- 1011680 - Crash reporter build fails with "invalid suffix on literal" warning when building Fennec using GCC 4.8
- 1013478 - Use GCC 4.8 by default if available
- 1014136 - Backspacing when autocompleting doesn't work right with hardware keyboard
- 1014233 - Autocomplete result still shown when backspacing
- 1014244 - Backspacing doesn't work right when composition is single character
- 1017651 - Caret disappears after typing out autocomplete text
- Also working on using the new unwinder for hangs
On vacation, left the following hanging:
- bug 1015932 - Create a way to share the OpenSLES engine between cubeb and WebRTC
- bug 1018928 - Regression: Selecting "No video" option from the permission prompt still shows the content of the device camera
- bug 1018994 - Favicons in Awesomebar allow HTTPS spoofing
- Last Week: Wrote code for stand alone STS. Started debugging.
- This Week: Finish debugging standalone WebRTC. Begin work to compile for device.
- bug 1002426 - Zoom level mangled after restoring session
- Uplifted to Aurora
- Gonzales (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Gonzales)
- Caching (https://github.com/eamsen/node-gonzales/tree/caching)
- Cache/storage abstraction
- Redis support
- Code style checking (JSCS + JSHint)
- Travis CI integration
- Caching (https://github.com/eamsen/node-gonzales/tree/caching)
- Finalize and land caching on develop branch
- Performance logging
- Completed image compression module in Gonzales
- Added a module for ad blocking
- Continuing with implementing new modules
- rAc work (meetings, updated patch in bug 939351)
- Create a headless AutofillUIGlue component so bug 939351 can land
- Contextual hint stuff
- Bug 1006158 - Build against Android v7 support library and Google Play Services
- Bug 1018468 - Provide fullscreen button for video
- Bug 1018369 - "Add to homescreen" should remember private mode setting for tab
- Bug 1001309 - Provide a way to clear history when Fennec's put into the background
- 1009587 - Implement image precedence behaviour around suggested thumbnails
- 1016949 - Fix TestSuggestedSites to account for enable/disable pref
- 1017574 - Force suggested sites refresh on locale changes
- Contextual hints - Private tabs (bug 1014293), chatting with antlam about first run
- UI Telemetry (bug 1018433, bug 101719)
- Suggested Sites/Top Sites - bug 1010266
- Polishing up new things that landed in Fx32 (clear history button, undo close tab toast)
- Investigating (without success :() drawing regression in dynamic panels if Fx31 - bug 1010986
- WIP for bug 817716 - Add ability to close all tabs
- Making sure hub stuff is ready for Fx30 release
- Talking with eedens about search activity work
- Talking about interview candidates
- 996708 - Set an explicit width/height for images in dynamic panel empty views
- 997055 - The same feed is added in multiple panels in the home page
- 998009 - Add a Clear History control to the history panel
- 1017045 - Wrong tabs are restored via the undo ability after closing multiple tabs at once; the last tab closed is used as the undo for all closed tabs
- 1017047 - Undo'ing a private tab restores it as a regular tab
- 1017129 - Polish undo close tab button toast appearance
- 1017554 - Regression: Empty lists view, no data is shown or fetched
- 1017633 - Refine 'clear history' feature in History panel
Continued work on Android search intent. Latest build: http://goo.gl/DVMsPr .
- Live searching as you type
- Search results are actionable.
- Added Duck Duck Go results
- Added pictures for some results (Yelp)
- Prepare MVP:
- Capture and display recent searches
- Add telemetry
- Show disambiguation results for DDG results.
- bug 997477 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap on tablet
- bug 1014999 - Remote tabs panel setup/verification for tablets
- bug 1015450 - Tapping the toolbar during the awesomescreen close animation puts toolbar in inconsistent state
- bug 1017276 - Closing editing mode during open animation puts toolbar into inconsistent state
- bug 1019158 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.Telemetry.sendUIEvent(Telemetry.java)
- bug 1017142 - Setup sync message given to users of sync 1.1 in the synced tabs tray
- bug 1009315 - Replace TelemetryContract interfaces with enums
- bug 1019595 - Lack of contrast on editing mode's 'X' button when using a lightweight theme
- bug 1002303 - Provide a description on private tabs page if there are no private tabs
- bug 998000 - Create BrowserApp.cancelEditingMode for consistency with BrowserApp.enter/commitEditingMode
- bug 932208 - BrowserToolbar and HomeFragment context menu 'Share' option should be disabled for these protocols: about:// chrome:// file://
- Too busy with other things:
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- Distribution distribution.
- Locale switching stuff -- Belarusian, Maithili, Honeycomb bugs.
- Home provider concurrency.
- Sync, as always.
- Booked June/July travel.
- Discussing phone screen approach with lucasr and margaret.
- Discussed approaches for custom Sync server support on Android.
- Pinged mkelly re hosted distributions, started down the CDN avenue.
- Opining on places GUID maintenance: bug 1012597.
- Helping out with testing Sync deprecation indicators: bug 1017443.
- Figuring out a path forward for awkward (read: three-char) locales on Android.
- Answering some Sync-related support questions.
- Filed bugs for end-of-lifing Android 2.2. Lots of code can die.
- Offering some partner guidance re implementing Sync/FxA in C++.
- Pushing on add-on initialization stuff in Gecko re distributions.
- bug 788688 (Sync device name)
- bug 1019158 (NPE in UITelemetry)
- bug 1019218 (Eclipse project deps)
- bug 978158 (desktop: FHR for translation project)
- bug 1017706 (desktop: crash during FHR shutdown)
- Random others (last week)
- Some Sync tickets -- custom servers bug 989756, customizable client name bug 788688
- Some remote tabs tickets in progress -- bug 899643
- Eclipse support is getting better -- bug 1006209, bug 1019218
- bug 1013588 - Gecko-base Android launcher
- bug 1016747 - add android protocol handler to proxy input streams to Gecko
- bug 1019836 - Support narrow char strings in android bridge
- Doing some scoping for our Search project
- Initial suggested sites are on their way! http://cl.ly/image/2J1c3u0i0S0l
- Interviewing some more designers
- Meetings forever
- Filed major tablet work on bugzilla: [Meta] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1014156
- Tab status design ideas: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1018504
- Started looking into various app launchers
- Keep researching app launchers, looking into reviews from play store
- Tab overflow on tablet
- Interview a mobile design candidate
- Learning new prototyping tools
- Search UX work
- "Toolbar" refinements with Lucasr
- Contextual hints talk with Chenxia
- about:feedback page visual polish
- icons, video player icons, more icons
- bug 1007436 - Add help FAQ link to negative feedback form
- (in progress) bug 1019318 - Polish button toast appearance
- (in progress) bug 1014335 - Make "Pull to Refresh" in Synced Tabs and Home Panels feel excellent.
- Getting started!
- Getting things compiled in the first place
- Working on getting an app that generates JNI bindings from any jar
- Request for more collection: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1001211
- Stumbling as a full-time service: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1003587
- Cell data upload: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1003598
- Privacy: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1003609
- At HackInTheBox / HAXPO last week - lots of love for Firefox on Android.
- bug 1007770 - WebApp update prompt looks scary - update icon - uplifted to Aurora & Beta
- bug 1011093 - WebApp update prompt looks scary - wordsmith notification text - fixed
- bug 957067 - Pass back error when incorrect data passed through in install APK - inbound
- bug 995803 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException - needs branch patch for Aurora uplift
- bug 1009954 - implement unit tests for WebappManager - in progress
- bug 1011832 - Loading my app on Android displays a blank white screen - waiting for reporter
- bug 1013428 - mozilla-apk-cli App Updates side-loaded don't appear - in progress
- bug 1013433 - uninstalling, resideloading, and relaunching app causes it to stall at white screen - in progress
- bug 1003962 - Line Runner hangs on launch with white screen - under investigation
- Aaron and Kevin now report to Marc Schifer
- This is now the Firefox QA team
- there will be some traditionally desktop people owning items on the feature roadmap for 33+
Firefox 30 (Beta)- Release: Jun 10, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare on the context menu, Epic/Meta bug 1014021
- [ON TRACK] Evaluate pngquant for PNG size reduction bug 959833
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Hub v1 (RSS feed support + 2 add-ons), Epic/Meta bug 1014025
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Argentine Spanish (es-AR), bug 979250
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Mexican Spanish (es-MX), 979251 bug 979251
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Malay (ms), bug 979257
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Latvian (lv), bug 958021
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Indonesian (id), bug 960060
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Belarusian (be), bug 521981
Firefox 31 (Aurora) - Release: Jul 22, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Ability to re-order existing panels in about:home, not via drag and drop (see My List: Manage current lists in settings), bug 959917
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Hub v2 (currently planned feature complete), Epic/Meta bug 1014030
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare Contexts, Epic/Meta bug 1014035
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare: Settable default service for quickshare buttons, Epic/Meta bug 1014037
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Collect aggregate usage data, Epic/Meta bug 1014038
- [ON TRACK] UX Telemetry, Epic/Meta bug 1014044
- [ON TRACK] Added locale(s): Hindi(hi), Gujarati (gu), Bengali (bn), Punjabi (pn), Maithili (mai), Marathi (mr), Malayalam (ml), Assamese (as), Oriya (or), Tamil (ta), Telugu (te), Kannada (kn)
- [PROPOSED] EOL official Android 2.2 Support bug 1017242
Firefox 32 (Nightly) - Release: Sep 2, 2014
- [PROPOSED] Screencasting (Roku), Epic/Meta bug 921924
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub v3 (bugfixes & polish + more add-ons), Epic/Meta bug 1014032
- [PROPOSED] Suggested sites v1, Epic/Meta bug 988366
- [PROPOSED] Contextual tips for users
- [PROPOSED] Form auto-fill improvements
- [PROPOSED] Tab mirroring (Roku)
- [ON TRACK] UI lang switching
- [PROPOSED] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync (bug 958889)
- [PROPOSED] API: Push notifications
- [PROPOSED] Add a Clear History control to the history panel bug 998009
- [ON TRACK] Android Gamepad backend bug 852935
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub: Add new My Panel from Promotional Banner
- [ON TRACK] Support weighed snippets bug 1002567