MozCampAsia2012/Flicks 2013 Firefox OS
- 1 Title of Session
- 2 Our global short film contest for Firefox OS. Firefox Flicks 2013.
- 2.1 Facilitator(s)
- 2.2 Are you paid or volunteer staff?
- 2.3 Area of Contribution (Team Name)
- 2.4 How are you currently involved with the community?
- 2.5 Location of Work (where do you reside?)
- 2.6 Talk Length (please choose between 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes)
- 2.7 Summary
- 2.8 How your session furthers the MozCamp Goals (https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCampEU2012/Tracks)
- 2.9 Expected Outcome or Deliverable
- 2.10 Desired Audience Type or Skill-set
- 2.11 Equipment Needs (Video projector already included)
Title of Session
Our global short film contest for Firefox OS. Firefox Flicks 2013.
Galaxy K & Vineel Reddy
Are you paid or volunteer staff?
Area of Contribution (Team Name)
Brand Engagement Team
How are you currently involved with the community?
Community activities around Firefox Flicks, e.g. Events, Social Media activites and community marketing
Location of Work (where do you reside?)
Talk Length (please choose between 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes)
Firefox Flicks 2012 was a global short-film contest to tell the story of Firefox. More than 400 videos were created. The 2013 edition of Firefox Flicks will build on this momentum and foster the creation of short films all around Firefox OS. With several submission deadlines we hope to get and promote amazing videos throughout the year.
Join our session to not only get the inside scoop on this global initiative, but also to get involved in the project and to improve our concept with your input. You will find-out everything about engagement possibilities such as organizing events, doing talks or helping us to spread the word. With your help we can make Flicks 2013 a success and push Firefox OS!!
How your session furthers the MozCamp Goals (https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCampEU2012/Tracks)
This years' short-film competition will focus on Firefox OS from January till August 2013.
Expected Outcome or Deliverable
- Inspire possible contributors to get involved into organizing community events and other activities
- Improve the concept with ideas from the input/feedback-round
Desired Audience Type or Skill-set
- Interest in brand engagement and community marketing activities
- Interest in video editing, filming, music, design, the open web.
Equipment Needs (Video projector already included)
- Audio-system (to play videos), projector (preferably with video-adapter for recent MacBook), proper internet connection to stream video (Videos will be improvised, based on eventual feedback/ideas)
To Be Completed by the Audience- (If you would like) Submit a Question for the Speaker(s) or indicate what information you hope to gain by attending this talk here:
Place your name here if you would like to attend this talk: