mozilla.com was launched on November 29, 2005 with the Firefox 1.5 release with the goal of simplifying the experience of obtaining Mozilla products.
The mission of mozilla.com is to:
- provide a quick and easy path for obtaining our software
- educate visitors about the advantages of our software
- connect users with other Mozilla web properties they may be looking for
The audiences for mozilla.com:
- End users of Mozilla products (both consumers and power users)
- Current Firefox and Thunderbird users looking for upgrade information
- Visitors interested in information about Mozilla Corporation
- Dev fixes a bug/finishes a page by marking as "resolved fixed", adds the "qawanted" keyword
- QA checks,approves by adding the comment "qa-verified-trunk" if not QA re-opens bug.
- If the bug is ready to be pushed to production, anyone can add "push-needed" keyword. If the bug is waiting on a particular launch date, don't add this
- Dev pushes to production by leaving comment with revision number, removes "push-needed" from bugs that have them
- QA checks on production, marks "verified fixed"
Mozilla.com SVN Source
- Trunk - the main development version of mozilla.com. Most work happens here.
- SVN location: http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/mozilla.com/trunk/
- Preview URL: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/
- Stage - When changes are ready in trunk, they are merged to stage for review before going to production.
- SVN location: http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/mozilla.com/tags/stage/
- Preview URL: https://www.authstage.mozilla.com/
- Production - The live website. Beware!
- SVN location: http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/mozilla.com/tags/production/
- Preview URL: https://www.mozilla.com/