Websites/Firefox 3.6 Start Page
This page contains all of the important details for (Mozilla-hosted) Firefox 3.6 Start Page.
Default homepage for Firefox 3.6 users (previously google.com/firefox). Will include increasingly disruptive and urgent messaging to encourage users to upgrade.
- Launch Date: 4/24
- Above date is *not* flexible since it is based on Firefox 3.6's EOL.
- Schedule: http://bit.ly/ys1mZd
- Code name: Firefox 3.6 Start Page
- Prod URL: TBD
- Dev URL: TBD
- Stage URL: TBD
- Code Repo: https://github.com/mozilla/fx36start
- L10N Repo: TBD
- Code: Python
- Product Owner: Engagement / Laura Forrest
- Dev Team: Webdev / Fred Wenzel
- TPM: Christie Koehler
- IRC Channel: #ff36eol irc.mozilla.org
- Team Email: None.
The primary and secondary contacts for each role of this project:
- Product owner: Laura Forrest (lforrest)
- TPM: Christie Koehler (ckoehler)
- Designer: Ty Flanagan (ty)
- UX: TBD
- Web Dev: Fred Wenzel, Jon Petto
- IT: Corey Shields
- QA: Raymond Etornam (retornam)
- Security: Yvan Boily (yvan)
- Legal: TBD
- L10N: Pascal or Milos
- Use Websites::Firefox Start when filing bugs.
- Bug template
Goals and Measurements
- page to be hosted on Mozlila infrastructure (previously hosted by Google)
- needs to utilize snippets service
- needs to be localized in all languages that are available for Firefox
- design / ux needs to urge users to upgrade to latest version of FF
- high availability and quick load times (as close to locally-served about:home as possible)
- needs to be available via ssl
- design bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=734197
- jpeg layout https://bug734197.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=609311
- psd file https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=610633