Right now the project is developing one product: the Add-on SDK. The Add-on Builder is now in read-only mode and will be turned off completely in April 2014. Please download your data before then. Learn more.
- The Add-on SDK is a locally-hosted development environment that allows you to easily build add-ons for Firefox.
- The Add-on Builder was an online development environment which allowed you to create and store your add-ons using only your browser.
You can access these products from the Add-on Developer Hub.
If you'd like to learn more about developing add-ons with the Add-on SDK, please visit the Add-on Developer Hub. We've listed some extra resources for add-on developers below:
You can find help here:
- the Mailing list
- the #jetpack IRC channel on Mozilla's IRC network.
- the Stack Overflow "firefox-addon-sdk" tag
If you find a problem, you can report a bug.
Participating in the Jetpack Project
Want to get involved?
- Go get the Add-on SDK Source Code
- Talk to us on the Jetpack mailing list or the #jetpack channel on Mozilla's IRC network.
- Browse the list of open bugs or raise one yourself.
- Learn how to contribute and document your code
We have a weekly project meeting on Tuesdays @ 10:00am Pacific Time. To join in:
- In person: SFO 323 'Coit Tower' ( at Mozilla's San Francisco office, 3rd floor )
- Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=W1xz8rcslKbR
- Backchannel: #jetpack IRC channel
- Alternative Call-in: 1-800-707-2533 - password 369 - conference room 347 (tell us on IRC if you need this option)
Next meeting's agenda and archive of minutes.
Jetpack is using a Google group. You can see archives here, and participate with a google account.
Otherwise, you can subscribe to this mailing list without google account by sending a mail to email@example.com. Then you should be able to send messages to the list on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add-on SDK Bug Triage Process
- Add-on SDK Development Process
- Add-on SDK Release Process
- Add-on SDK Module Deprecation Process
- Add-on SDK 2013 Release Schedule
- Plan: Apis in Mozilla Central
- Current Feature Pages
- Security Roadmap
- Design Guidelines
- How to Test the SDK
- Automated Testing
- Historical Notes on Jetpack
Dormant Past Projects
- Jetpack Web Presence Project - an effort to improve the Jetpack project's web presence.
- Work Week Notes
The Add-on Builder (codenamed "Flightdeck") provided an online development environment for add-ons hosted in the browser. It is being phased out.