MDN/Archives/Get involved/Doc Sprints/2013August
This is a virtual sprint, with no central gathering. However, local meet-ups are encouraged.
- Start: 30 August, 15:00 UTC (8:00 a.m. Pacific Time) See this time in your time zone
- End: 31 August, 23:59 UTC (5:00 p.m. Pacific Time) See this time in your time zone
- Coordination via #devmo on irc.mozilla.org
You are welcome to start earlier or continue later, but this time frame is when you are likely to find other people online working on MDN. Obviously, you do not have to participate the entire time; drop in when it's convenient, and sleep when you need to.
Quick coordination etherpad used during the sprint [ https://etherpad.mozilla.org/MDNDocSprint-August2013 ]. Feel free to use it!
Here is a schedule for meetings in IRC during the sprint:
|Fri 15:00||Fri 17:00||Fri 8:00 am||Kick-off|
|Fri 20:00||Fri 22:00||Fri 1:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 1:00||Sat 3:00||Fri 6:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 8:00||Sat 10:00||Sat 1:00 am||status check|
|Sat 13:00||Sat 15:00||Sat 6:00 am||status check|
|Sat 18:00||Sat 20:00||Sat 11:00 am||status check|
|Sat 23:59||Sun 02:00||Sat 5:00 pm||final status and wrap-up|
One focus area for this sprint will be converting static code samples to be "live samples". Look for the tag "NeedsLiveSample"
Here are some other suggestions of things to work on.
- MDN documentation wishlist
- Firefox issues with doc impacts
- Fill out browser compatibility tables on reference pages where they exist, based on info from caniuse.com and quirksmode.org.
- Pages that need technical review.
- Pages that need editorial review.
- Pages tagged as needing updates.
- David Bruant's TODO list (mostly JS-related stuffs)
- Make videos showing how to get and build Firefox code.
- Integrate Mozilla blog posts into documentation.
Suggest a topic, either that you want to work on, or that you'd like to see done by someone.
- Our list of subject-matter experts.
- Our list of topic drivers. These are people that organize specific areas of our documentation.
If you're planning to participate, please add your name, IRC nickname and/or MDN user name, and what you'd like to work on, below (you need to create an account on this (spam-free) wiki in order to edit it):
|Name||IRC nick||MDN ID||Topic(s)|
|Jean-Yves||teoli||teoli||Documenting TreeWalker and NodeWalker (a 2002 request!).|