MDN/Archives/Dev Status Meetings/2011-05-18
< MDN | Archives | Dev Status Meetings(Redirected from MDN/MDN:Status Meetings 2011-05-18)
How did last week go? What sucked? What was awesome?
- shuffling things around on the wiki for 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 was a PITA... hopefully it'll be as easy as updating numbers in a table going forward. i will make one table for 0.9.x and then features pages off MDN/MDNv09x so that version numbers don't get in the way as we move towards a 2 week cycle and shift things around.
- design for demo studio stalled after realizing we may not want to limit ourselves with a specific theme.
- dev derby design took a couple of extra days, but it was worth it and since craig can't start implementation until next week, we are ok.
- juggling project mgmt, product requirements, design, creative and copy is taking it's toll on me. need to find help wherever i can.
- Hacked a bit on affiliate badges, waiting on design help
- Like button broken on Demo Studio since switchover to kuma/mdn
- Fixed an issue with locale in URLs for kuma, but still not fully working
- couple bugs fixed
- MindTouch upgrade - what a mess
- not having "focused" work while waiting for designs
- didn't get to waffle
- An updated version of Bebas Neue seems to have fixed the inconsistent baseline issues so it looks like we can finally make the switch. Bebas is a tiny bit wider and more open than League Gothic so it's easier to read at smaller sizes. But best of all, it has a much broader character set so it can handle a lot more languages.
- Finishing building kuma wiki pages this week.
- The desired scrolling behavior (title, buttons, toolbar floating at the top as content scrolls) may not be possible as designed. I still have a few things to try before giving up entirely but we may have to consider other options.
http://mzl.la/j6LLCv Any triage bugs bugs that need mentioning?
What do we do this week? Do we need to change objectives?
- Finishing up Promote MDN with Les and Craig.
- Getting wiki updated with status for 0.9.5
- Catching up on Kuma planning
- Working on copy for Demo Studio, Dev Derby and MDN home page
- Moved MDN home page and header design to 0.9.6 due to Chowse's PTO and to give us time to make sure we get the home page right the first time. Work to continue next week on 5/23
- Moved Demo Studio refresh to 0.9.6 since we want to start over on the design direction for that. Will continue to work with Matt on that as soon as we wrap up Dev Derby design.
- Continue on affiliate badges
- Poking at enabling waffle, might take a look at bug 656438
- Need migrations to create waffle tables on stage9
- Dev Derby? bug 632195 for enhancing / migrating demo tags?
- bug 632076 - up-and-coming sort order?
- upgrade MindTouch
- [Demo Studio] bugs
- clean up migrations for both mdn + kuma into a single 00-initial.sql - bug 657995
- Starting on promo banner page this week as I wrap the kuma stuff.
- Trying to clear my plate to start on dev derby next week when design is final.