Support:Sprint/Firefox 64 SUMO Day
Hi, Olá, Hola! Welcome! Bem-vindo! Bienvenue, Vítejte, Welkom, Wolkom Добро пожаловать, よ う こ そ, herzlich willkommen
- Hello in your language
- Olá! Bem-vindo! (por favor, não traduza a PAD)
- Hola Bienvenidos
- Dia dhaoibh
- G'Day mate!
- Szép napot!
You have made it to a SUMO Day! Good for you, we love to have you. Today we will be focusing on answering questions in Twitter and in the support.mozilla.org forums. There are some partner forums that you may also be familiar with. Please feel free to join in IRC and Telegram to talk about some of the questions that you need more help on.
If it is your first time volunteering for support, we recommend that you sign up for a support.mozilla.org account and saying hello in the contributor forums after reading the "Quickstart Guide". All of the information on how to research, the guidelines and some of the basic common responses will be in that article in the forums.
In the meantime, if it is not your first time, please remember to join with the information below, then be sure to review some of the new content that has been prepared for you for this launch. Check out the instructions for participation in more detail below
General Info on where to find the community:
- Say hello to your other members and participants in these channels:
- Watch the meeting live via Vidyo => https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=XhVLBG3KfHs2
- Live chat: irc.mozilla.org #sumo - web-based IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.mozilla.org/sumo
- Mozilla Slack if you are NDA'd https://wiki.mozilla.org/NDA-Slack/Etiquette-Guide
Firefox 63 SUMO Day
Please sign up below or RSVP https://sumodayfirefox63.splashthat.com/:
- 1 Firefox 63 SUMO Day
- 2 Forum Help!
- 3 Social Support Help
- 4 Advanced Support Participation
Get started by reading the Release Information
Read the udpates: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/63.0/releasenotes/
New content for this release:(Read some updates to the SUMO knowledge Base for this version)
- Updated insecure error codes: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-does-your-connection-is-not-secure-mean
Release threads: (Use this thread to report any bugs you file, or if you see an issue more than once (for duplicate questions from the same user just report it "Report Abuse" button))
Use these common issues and troubleshooting to get you started:
- Firefox Safe Mode - http://mzl.la/1xKrE7R
- Fix RAM issues - http://mzl.la/14BdXZg
- Firefox Crashed? - http://mzl.la/1BAQHrD
- Control if Firefox auto fills forms: http://mzl.la/1NT9rdB
- Passwords are not saved http://mzl.la/1xKrEoj
- Where is my history, bookmarks, session, passwords after the update? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-support-troubleshooting-guide
++Ask for help from someone in IRC or in the Community Support Contributor Forum Get Started https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-sign-and-answer-your-first-question https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/customer-service-contributor-forum-skills Advanced https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-answer-escalated-questions https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/evaluating-solution-forum (check out examples)
Social Support Help
Find all of your information on how to get started here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/social-support-guidelines Get added to the Telegram group or change the #sumo irc channel to #aoa to get in on the conversations.
Advanced Support Participation
++How to search to see if a bug exists++
++Example of what you might run into: https://twitter.com/JI_N_NYC/status/1041334810252390400
How to file a good bug:
- Triagers = direct contact to Emma Humphries -
- Bug updates,
- I think that may be this bug - please follow the bugzilla etiquette https://mzl.la/2E0NnOL before contribug to the bug, and see how to vote.
- This may be a new issue, can you please file a bug with this bug help template https://mzl.la/2tJE58x, please let me know if you are having any trouble with finding the right component or person to CC.
- Feature requests,
- Now that is an interesting feature request, please also let the developers know here: https://mzl.la/1fgBjW6
Case Triager questions for strategic problem solving:
- Identifying the case and investigating if it is a bug by going through all the basic troubleshooting steps: safe mode, new profile, disabling 3rd party software, malware scan and clean reinstall
- Gathering the exact, specific steps to reproduce the issue
- Identifying it it happens on specific hardware, operating system, and or product version
- If it works as expected, getting the exact information required for a feature enhancement is important this will take the form of a bug with "feature enhancement' as the description, or will be a feature request in the git repo of the mobile product (ios, android, focus and ?)
- Before filing a bug, search if the bug already exists. (How to use Bugzilla's advanced search https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Searching_Bugzilla
Break time suggestions:
- Don't forget to laugh: http://binscorner.com/pages/1/15-jokes-to-leave-computer-tech-support-.html (seems out of order on 11-03).
- Feel free to take a walk
- Refill your water glass or your drink of choice
- Spend time with a kitty or dog, or baby or partner <3
- Share a joke or some music in the Off Topic Forum