« back to Breakpad design page
Breakpad Minidump Collector
1) the collector accepts the crash reports (minidump + metadata) from clients Requires write access to the minidump store read/write access to the database 2) the symbol uploader takes symbol information from 2a) the tinderboxes/build systems 2b) uploaded symbol information from extension authors Requires write access to the symbol store and read/write access to the database
- Apache web server to manage incoming minidumps via HTTPS
- Pass minidump data through the firewall
- Monitor queue and minidump status
- Check client version and state and be able to serve config changes to Breakpad Client (e.g. send message to disable client)
- Prep minidump for handoff to the processor
- If we provide the configuration control feature the repeater also needs to push configuration info back down to the client for such things like "turn yourself off", "slow down your retry rate" and other control options.
Current load statistics for the Talkback server.
Daily numbers may spike at up to three times the usual number if there is a topcrash.
|Error Condition||System Actions|
|Can't check queue||?|
|File system full||?|