What we do
Mozilla's bugmaster develops policies and processes for managing bugs, their goal is to "leave no bug behind," and help Mozillians make crisp and actionable decisions on bugs, and enable them to follow-through on their decisions.
If you're triaging bugs in a component, Triage for Component Leads is the process we follow.
History is viewable as a Re:dash dashboard
Stale Bug Reports
- All open bugs assigned to a component other than 'General' or 'Untriaged' which have had no activity in a year
- All open bugs assigned to a component other than 'General' or 'Untriaged' which have had no activity in six months
- All open bugs assigned to a component other than 'General' or 'Untriaged' which have had no activity in three months
- All open bugs with outstanding needinfos open more than two weeks
- All open bugs with answered needinfos which have had no activity in at least two weeks
See also, the Chromium Project's automatic triage 'sheriffbot'.
Who we are
- Emma Humphries (:emceeaich), Bugmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
- The individual triage leads in each bugzilla component
- Bug Handling: Making sure no bug is left behind
- Bugzilla Clean Up: End-of-life for Bugzilla components
- Bugzilla Folk Knowledge: Documenting how each team uses bugzilla metadata
- Bugzilla Training: Equip Mozillans with best practices on bugs
- Repeat Filers: Track contributions from new Mozillans, so we can get more people filing bugs earlier in the release cycle
- Bugzilla Readable Statuses - enhancement to bugzilla.mozilla.com to help make the status of a bug more understandable
- Triage Center - tool for finding untriaged bugs, and other bugs that need attention
- Triage Report - scoreboard for components with most un-triaged bugs
The bugmaster office has no scheduled meetings at this time.
Get in touch with us. Don't hesitate to communicate using:
- The IRC channel: irc.mozilla.org#bugmasters. Join us on IRC to say hello, introduce yourself, and talk about bugs, bugs, bugs. Questions are welcome!
- Joining the bugmaster mailing list to be informed of all the news and the discussions.
- If you triage bugs in a component, you should be on the triage leads mailing list
- Triage Leads - who is responsible for triaging new bugs in each Firefox component
- Bugmastering Guide - A guide helping on how to contribute to bug management and triage
- Whiteboard tags - A list of common whiteboard field values and flags used in Bugzilla