A guide to Cloud Services UX initiatives at Mozilla, primarily comprising of Firefox Accounts and its relying services. Please direct questions, objections, and suggestions should to John Gruen and Ryan Feeley.
Firefox Accounts is a privacy-respecting account system that enables a unified experience across supported clients and devices, including Firefox desktop browser, Firefox Android browser, Firefox OS, and Mozilla web properties. Newly launched, its first service is Sync for Firefox desktop and Android, but soon it will used by new and existing Mozilla properties. There are no current plans to use Firefox Accounts to replace Persona a sign-in system for the open web.
Enables synchronizing of Firefox desktop and Android profile data including tabs, bookmarks, passwords and more.
Firefox Accounts delivers a unified web-based single sign-in system for supported clients.
- Signing in to a speculative FxA site
- Speculative video - Signing in to Marketplace with FxA
- FxA Flow & Wireframes - LucidChart Diagram
- Speculative - Authenticating to WMF- M4V
Loop is a WebRTC-based video chat client that is being planned for Firefox browsers and OS. Firefox Accounts will be the account system used, though may not be required for link-driven chat sessions.
Please note: these need updating for the FirefoxOS 1.3 MVP currently in progress. See https://github.com/SamPenrose/fxa-fxos/blob/master/dependencies.md for details.
- Force Authentication Mocks - PDF
- Force Authentication Flows - PDF
- Firefox Accounts FFOS Presentation Video - M4V
- Firefox Accounts Sign In FTE-PDF
- Firefox Accounts Settings-PDF
- Firefox Accounts Sub-Flow Animation-M4V
Concepts + Roadmap
Ideas in this section are speculative, provisional, and possibly not very carefully considered.
- Firefox Accounts Story
- Security Image Demo (M4V)
- Keynote slide with FFOS + FxA Assets
- FFOS FTE concepts 9/30
- Integrating Persona into your existing sign-in
- Persona login button guidelines - PDF
- Proposal for a redirect (full width) design
|2013-06-04||Air Mozilla : Firefox Desktop User Types in North America||Bill Selman|
|2013-02-04||Air Mozilla : What I've learned about passwords, and why they aren't going away||Joseph Bonneau|
|2012-12-06||Air Mozilla : Online Identity, What Users Care About||Lindsay Kenzig / Mary Trombley|
|2012-08-10||Air Mozilla : Passwords of the Future||Crystal Beasley / Sawyer Hollenshead (2012 intern)|
Artifacts in this section are provided for historical purposes, and cannot be used for current reference.