Contribute/Archive/Community Building Team/Meetings/2014-04-28

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Core team weekly meeting
Date & Time: Monday 28 April 2014 @ 5pm UTC
Location: CBT vidyo room (
Moderator: David 
Last agenda + notes:
Parking lot:


  • Submit your thoughts on the feedback request David sent out through


  • Action items
    • Action items from today:
      • Everyone take look at Lifecycle Doc and add suggestions for Activator/CBT responsibilities AT EACH STAGE by Wednesday morning 7am Pacific.  ( see email from Michelle 04/28)
      • Respond to thread on Team alias about "What we need" for Cbeard/DCohen/DBoswell meeting on May 6th
      • Add the calendar/timing information on the opportunities at scale doc at: +1
    • Action items from last week: 
      • everyone is to document partnering on the wiki
      • David to work with Mardi on Building Communities with Impact TownHall and getting a date and a MozModerator instance set up (Pierros to set up MozModer
      • William to share out WPR related google doc if you can... Dino and Larissa have both had related inquiries
      • Larissa can share next week about Get Involved page stuff :)
      • Larissa to invite Jennie to these team meetings - done
      • Team to pick date for next work week
      • For meetups, everyone to think about how a deconstructed mid-year meetup would work for them and David to set up pad to start planning for next community builders meetup at end of year
      • Carry over items
        • Michelle to share out Lifecycle doc and public partner dashboard on Grow Mozilla call on May 1
        • Christie to take a pass at an outline for what we'd want to include in the  Enabling Communities Town Hall meeting for next week's team meeting

  • Nominations for community building superstar badge
  • Communications
    • What do we want to share with project this week?
      • Newsletter and Nightly page reboot and timely contribution submission form?
        • Status: Exact Target bug blocking all newsletters ( people cannot currently unsubscribe, which means we cannot send it)
        • for next week: I like the idea of sharing the lifecycle and newsletter next week.

    • What do we want to share with the People team this week?
      • Top ten list and partnership dashboard? +1
      • Lifecycle work?  HRBP's have been asking for it +1
        • needed: populate role information at each stage
        • see line 16 ( this pad) for action request

  • FYI
  • Rotating Updates (10 minutes)
  • MozCamp Design debrief
  • Strategy lens update
    • Discussions with VPs was on hold for last few weeks but I'm started reaching out again
    • Broadened scope of this so that we're covering more than just products
      • We were originally calling this a 'Product Lens' but I think 'Strategy Lens' covers more types of important activities like the policy work +1 (Alex's team)
    • First column of SmartSheet will be covering which areas are being flagged by different VPs or the people they're delegating too
    • As part of conversation with Asa about Firefox OS needs, he was very excited that our team existed to help him and he offered to join these team meetings for next few months to give his perspective on how we can best support our partners.  Is everyone open to that? 
      • Is Asa currently working with Pierros and having weekly meetings on FxOS?  Sure he can join us, but I want to make sure he's connected directly to work that is ongoing. 
      • I'd rather not add more non-team people to this meeting. He should join Grow call or we should have another community builder meeting.- Ck +1
        • how can we help bring all the community managers together with us for support and work?  GROW is informational, is that the only space we have for that?
          • Set up separate brown bag / other working session / or part of work week for working more directly with Asa and others

  • Meetups and work weeks