- Monitor and track the stability metrics specifically focused on the Firefox 4 release.
- Focus people's attention on addressing the most serious crashers particularly regressions.
- Ensure that new crash regressions are logged.
- Monitoring crash trends and regular reports on general stability to the team.
- Consistent use of keywords (reproducible, needs-info, testcase-wanted) to provide more detail on what is needed to move forward with the bug.
- Ensure module owners are cc'd on the bugs so they can be assigned appropriately.
Latest Stability Data (04/18/11)
- 4.0.1 is almost ready to go out.
Most of the top crashes are compatibility or malware related. Working on outreach and other projects to tackle some of the top issues. Some crashes will be addressed in 4.0.1.
Crashes addressed in 4.0.1
- bug 601102
- bug 637367
- bug 640652
- bug 639885
- bug 640901
- bug 643515 (dup of 640901)
- bug 641057
- bug 643746 (might be fixed by bug 601102
Top issues we are still trying to make progress on
- bug 633445 (#1 top browser crash for FF4)
- bug 615098 (#3 top browser crash for FF4)
- bug 637304 (#5 top browser crash for FF4)
- Dial-in for the meeting is x290
- The Meeting is now every Monday at 10:30AM till 11:00am Pacific
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 290 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 290 (US)
- MV - Meet in Zombocom Conference Room on Floor 3.
- Backchannel on irc.mozilla.org is #crashkill