Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Look forward to 1:1's checking in on your Q3 goals.
- Add-ons team has an aggressive schedule and has a lot of work that they want us to supply.
- (Web extensions API/FxOS Addons for 2.5)
- TODO: Email devrel list if you're willing to handle ongoing relationship w/ :adora
- Still working on SDL/emscripten examples
- reviewing games for js13k competition
- Working on jsconnect presentation performance tools
- working with Orange on evangelism plan for them
- Ahmed is now working on RTL work for us
- got the go ahead for Fxos port to RPi2
- Working on Push API demo
- Learning ServiceWorkers and becoming way more familiar with Promises
- Researched HSTS / HPKP re: evangelism query
- Working on getting Brazilian visa for MobileBrazil in November
- Worked on Lanyrd calendar for a bit
- Lanyrd Pro has what we want, but crazy expensive ($1200/yr)
- For free, Lanyrd almost does what we want:
- Exports a calendar of every event we'll be at, but not our specific talks
- Requires manually adding events to a "Guide" on Lanyrd
- Upcoming only, doesn't list past events.
- Finished reviewing chapters 7 - 9 of FxOS book, done!
- Letter of recommendation for participation leadership summit candidate
- IoT meetup planning
- Readying for kickoff of TechSpeakers 2
- Wrote a demo app for FxOS tv to use at conferences
- Logo usage - working w/ branding/legal/etc
- Still wrangling with People about new hire swag
- Tech Speakers, season 2 starts tomorrow. Lots of prep and comms.
- Wrote 5 recommendation letters for volunteers who want to be part of the Participation Leaders/Global Gatherings application process. I will participate in reviewing some of the 350+ applications that came in. Goal is to have a cohort of 100-150 committed "participation leaders" for 2015-2017
- Hacks posts this week: Nick on VR, potential intern post on video.
- Working on comms and outreach for View Source
- Working on talk for Web Unleashed this wednesday: http://fitc.ca/presentation/web-workers-beyond-the-wall/
- Will also be participating in a "gluttony of tools" fireside chat
- Spoke with Jen about the hacks redesign!
- Lots of opportunities to make the design even better
- Mark Mayo likes the idea of the platform status dashboard
- So that should happen soon
- (at Smashing Conf)
- Physics + WebVR (reconciling animations + controls)
- Lots of sillyness
- WebVR hacks post
- Getting geared up for screen casting
- quick look at some SDL2 w/ Jason
- Taking a look at Vulkan spec follow up w/ Jason
- MSE docs w/ cmills
- SIMD hacks post w/ JS intern (Sajjad) and M$ folks?
- Wrote recommendation letter for a Tech Speaker for Participation Leaders/Global Gatherings
- lots o admin, HR + IT paperwork should be done, checklists done
- lots of plane tickets bought. 9 conferences between now and Mozlando.
- ordered stickers and business cards
- recorded The Web Ahead 107 with Brett Gaylor, on Tracking on the web
- wrote first draft of blog post about joining Mozilla
- wiggling my way into FF engineering teams
- View Source: IoT speaker Tom Wesselman (Plantronics) needs to connect with Mozilla (email)
- Stats - 80% speakers filled, 85% of sponsorship goal hit for Q3 (any more active leads appreciated)
- JSCONF EU next week (w Reject JS and TV Hackday)
- Unite Boston/Unity Tech conference also next week (attending w Andre V, Naveed, Barry, Luke Wagner)
- Refreshed games.mozilla.org website should be up
- Gamer Fox tshirts handed out during the WebGL talk and to Unity staff (!)
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Q & A
Potch will be afk for most of the rest of the week (travel to/fro Toronto)- track me down via email