Documentation: Administrator's Guide
This is PART 2: Administrator's Guide - Installation, Configuration, Administration, Care & Feeding of the MediaWiki Documentation.
In this section, you will learn how to install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot the MediaWiki software.
What do you want to do today?
Before trying out the MediaWiki software package, ask yourself a few questions; this will determine, which of the following chapters are relevant for you:
- What is your experience with the target operating system, and the needed technologies (see System Requirements)?
- If you are familiar with both, you can jump to chapter Installation, skip the detailled instructions, and directly go to the Configuration.
- For what purpose do you need the MediaWiki software?
- Creating an new Wikipedia (-> full instructions, importing),
- Creating a mirror for an existing Wikipedia (-> database dump),
- Creating another WikiMedia project (-> full instructions),
- Creating a local Wikipedia site for personal or corporate use (-> database dump, mirroring)
Where to go from here
- If you...