e10s Update: July 29
- Release criteria for Beta 48 is still green .
- We continue to be at 0 M9's (and have been) for a few weeks
- As of this week, 722k users have been exposed to e10s in Beta 48 (from 686k last week).
- What's the release plan? No changes. Targeting 1% of the eligible population for the first week. NB: given that releases are generally throttled, the ETA for us to hit the full 1% mark is Next Friday, August 5th. Details are captured, here: http://bit.ly/29mIbXs and http://bit.ly/29kiycI.
- What's the Comms plan?: On Day 1, there will be 3 blog posts published along with an email for staff. When we hit 100% of the eligible population on the week of August 22, there will be another blog post published to acknowledge this very important milestone that may not be a straightforward consumer message but important to communicate status/progress.
- After 48 goes GA what happens with the team/incoming bugs? The e10s RASCI doesn't change until September 12th. We will continue to nom and tag tickets as we have thus far. The same group will be making decisions throughout the 48 cycle. We will be encouraging module owners and originators to scrub the backlog of meta bugs to be sure things are prioritized correctly in parallel. After September 12, the e10s-tracking flag will be deprecated and the mainline Firefox tracking flag(s) will be used by RelMan. There will be e10s keywords bug 1290509 we can tag tickets with to monitor the overall flow of e10s-related tickets. The "e10s RASCI" will transition from the current team as it stands and some of us will be working on e10s-multi. Operationally, responsibility shifts to the add-ons team to monitor Firefox 49 experiment feedback and make decisions regarding shipping add-ons in an e10s world. Shell Escalante is the EPM for this effort. Elan will shift focus to helping more with e10s-multi. Stay tuned for a more complete RASCI during this transition.
- 08/02: Ship to 1% of the eligible population
- 08/03: Beta 1 49 ships with First e10s + add-ons experiment
- 08/15: Ship to 5% of the eligible population
- 08/22: Ship to 100% of the eligible population
- 09/12: Bug tracking and Team RASCI transition
Add-Ons + WebExtensions
- The first Beta A/B Experiment will be shipping as of August 3.
- System Add-On has been signed off and we are ready to go.
- General roll-out plan for including extensions is here.
- It's looking like the initial API support will land in 50
- We are NOT targeting 50 for GA but rather 51
- We're also looking into Windows touchscreen/a11y compat, see more information as the plan is taking shape, here.
- We are at about 90% [https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/Test_Coverage Test coverage for all channels. We have touched base with all module owners. Not all of them have signed off specifically but we are calling it within acceptable range for shipping at this point.
Bi-weekly meetings have commenced for e10s-multi, see more info:
|3-07||48 default||47 default||46 A/B Tests||45 off|
|4-18||49 default||48 default||47 A/B Tests, Possible Rollout (add-ons = ally = no)||46 off|
|6-07||50 default||49 default||48 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||47 off|
|8-02||51 default||50 default||49 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||48 Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)|
|9-13||52 default||51 default||50 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||49 Possible Rollout (known good add-ons = yes, ally = no)|