- 1 Details
- 2 Round Table
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Stand ups
- 5 UX Updates
- 6 Decisions needed/Action items
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- Check out the goals: Firefox/Goals/2013Q2. Please provide feedback to Dolske and Gavin!
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- [jaws] Big thanks to Liz Henry (:lizzard) who has been helping us with the Firefox bug triages.
- Thank you to :darkowlzz for fixing the playback rate context menu for HTML5 media, bug 840745
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- Downloads API: bug 847191 - Integration with legacy interfaces to start new downloads
- Feedback on Downloads Panel and download-related bugs
- Reviewing bug 769348 - URLs auto-completed in address bar might unexpectedly use ftp:// instead of http://.
- Downloads API
- part-time due to virus and other family problems
- mostly reviews
- investigated feasibility of perf bug 843357 - Evaluate dropping "www." from rev_host column
- Firefox triage
- Reviews (sorry for delay)
- Assigned bugs (frecency, inline, about:home, deprecation)
- Paris performance meet up
blockers (same as last week):
- need shorlander UI-r on bug 748894 - Move the bookmark star button outside of the location bar
- need Mano reviews on API deprecations (bug 838874, bug 838839), and perf win (bug 830423)
- Firefox triage
- Finished my review for bounce behavior on scroll
- More progress on the WIP patches for changing contentPrefs to the async APIs. I'm now cleaning up all the patches I have and start posting them to bugs filed: tracking bug, assorted usage, services/common, editor, tests
- Meet with Irving to discuss plans for AOM work: we're changing the storage to JSON; I'll be working on AddonRepository.jsm and Irving on XPIProvider.jsm. Plan details are being added on this etherpad
- Some planning for possible projects for Summer of code 2013
- I was on PTO the whole week.
- Will be in Paris next week.
- This week: continue to improve tabopen animation with newtab page. Blocked by regression (bug 850163).
- Landed more of Markus Stange's patches to make performant tabs in titlebar on OSX work
- UX Nightly's now have hacky tabs in titlebar on OSX
- Patch for Linux port of curvy tabs is up for review
- Fixed some easy P1 menu panel items on this Etherpad
- Split out the menu panel from the customization code
- Investigated approaches to implementing shorlander's subview prototype.
- Bug triage!
- Start getting reviews on my curvy tabs and menu in titlebar patches.
- Continue investigating moving the window caption buttons and fullscreen button on OSX. Looking at how Chromium does this.
- Do a v0.1 implementation of shorlander's subview prototype. and land it on Jamun
- Need reviews on my menu in titlebar patch on Windows (MattN and / or dao)
- Need reviews on my Linux port of the curvy tabs (MattN and / or dao)
- Waiting on updated Downloads Panel alignment spec for polish (shorlander)
- worked on moving 'Know Your Rights' bar to a snippet in about:home
- went crazy on bug 492557, which implements a Keyboard Shortcuts HUD
- dove into code dealing with search
- I'll be working on search this week
- Australis tabs
- Panel events review
- Filed HTML5 video bug
- Australis tabs
- Look into recent regressions on UX
- Get OS X for review
- Review Linux
- Fix intermittent failure
- landed the plain-text word wrapping from bug 253564
- working on the customize mode for australis
- continue working on the customize mode for australis
- might spend some time fixing the test for bug 449358
- install from web landed
- finalized ux/features for social v1 w/asa,boriss
- some BD brainstorming
- finalizing group of providers for fx 21/22
- review of social provider workers/manifest
- webrt user research stuff
- some bug fixes
- documentation work needed
- work on share
- work on requirements for services list in AMO
- The FHR train is rumbling slowly along. Update from mconnor is that the remote report is now going to control 100% of the UI
- Coming this week-- details about the data visualization and potentially nicer looking tips (e.g. http://cl.ly/image/0D3E0w1b2c2w)
- Now, we are looking at Android support :)
- working on UX for both high- and low-risk plugins this week
- UR/UX presentation on Friday with some engineers about the CtP Flash study and design recommendations. Ping me if you would like to attend.