Actions from last meeting
General Topics / Roundtable
(tips/tricks/FYI, productivity improvements, industry news)
- "./mach run --devtools" will open the devtools on the first tab
- eslint update
- ForceRTL is alive and now restartless: https://github.com/mikedeboer/ForceRTL
- artifact builds are awesome
- now with test support! (I mean, you can actually run tests with the build you get, which is useful.)
- intern interviews will be starting soon. Apply now: https://careers.mozilla.org/position/oCGh2fwl
Friends of the Firefox team
(Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Introductions)
Resolved bugs (excluding employees): http://mzl.la/1ZJbKs4 More than one bug fixed:
- Anup Kumar [:Anupkumar]
- Giorgio Maone
- Kevin Grandon :kgrandon
- Masatoshi Kimura [:emk]
- Penh Lenh
- Philip Chee
- Sami Jaktholm
- Sebastian H. [:aryx][:archaeopteryx]
- Tyler Steiman
- Vidhuran Harichandra Babu
- e10s tests https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10UeyRoiWV2HjkWwAU51HXyXAV7YLi4BjDm55mr5Xv6c/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
- experiment on 45 beta
- release on 46 for no add-ons users
- Now moved main development to a github repo:
- We'll be having frequent drops to m-c and the other branches.
- Aiming for a try out of the go faster update system sometime in the next week or two.
- There will be some different flavours of the add-on that will allow for pre-release testing and being able to demo the latest changes to various users (e.g. user feedback).
- Still trying to get e10s support landed (keep hitting crashers)
- Shipping in Fx44. QE has signed off.
- Favicon support developed. Landing soon.
- Development is now focused on stabilization/follow-ups
- Jared and MattN have moved focus to other teams
- Tracking protection in normal mode option
- Telemetry experiment for the unified urlbar with one-off search buttons is currently live on the beta channel
Quality of Experience
- Turned off on-screen keyboard for windows 8 in 44 due to a number of issues
- Going to continue improving the osk experience
- Working on onboarding (not Windows-specific) and bookmarks (also not Windows-specific)