- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- Welcome Gijs!
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- [paolo] Cykesiopka has been working on bug 394144 - Missing keyboard accelerator on "Do not ask next time" in the quit dialog
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- past week
- patched some old bugs found in triage: bug 367432, bug 369180. Found a contributor able to help test the patches.
- met with cmore and team to sort out some issues related to in-product links pointing to mozilla.org
- met with imelven, mmc, billm and dvander about e10s
- patched a security bug (bug 851586)
- looked into and patched an issue with PopupNotifications (bug 854740) blocking the mixed-content landing
- wrote a patch to add nsIBlocklistService to Services.jsm (bug 856144)
- filed a bug about the downloads panel
- completed contract update for Appcoast contractors
- some hiring/HR stuff with dolske
- next week
- complete patches for security issue (bug 851586) and PopupNotifications (bug 854740)
- finish reviews for mikedeboer's search pref consolidation bug
- coordinate with Shane on getting FHR for Social landed, Social release tracking
- complete the in-product URL change reviews
- Performance Work Week
- Discussed improvements to the current implementation of the Promise module
- Reviewed bug 769348 - URLs auto-completed in address bar might unexpectedly use ftp:// instead of http://.
- Feedback on bug 837199 - nsDownloadManager should query a malware reputation service
- Feedback on bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
- Feedback on bug 848935 about catching errors when using Task.jsm
- Make the Downloads API available and run its tests by default
- Fix tests that involve removing files on Windows, to avoid intermittent failures
- Land bug 847191 - Integration with legacy interfaces to start new downloads
- Land bug 835885 - Add serialization and deserialization
- Meetings for the Snappy project "Async & Responsive"
Waiting on reviews:
- ui-review for bug 832672 - Downloads Panel gives no indication or feedback on missing files
- Only a couple of reviews left for asynchronous form history. Addressed all remaining comments.
- Convert password manager to use database asynchronously. Fixed some issues with migration. All password manager tests now pass.
- Finally finished the remaining contentPrefs bug I had after fighting with some test weirdness, bug 854299, bug 850213, bug 850214, bug 850210
- bug 812573 - Hotfix to decrease update interval for pre-17 builds
- bug 853389 - Met with Irving twice to get on same page about AOM work, starting working on this now
- Some GSoC replies
- Finally moved page thumbnails off the main thread (bug 753768).
- Worked on new tab page performance improvements (and fixing the regression).
- Worked on memory leak detection patch for chrome code.
- Tried to catch up with reviews (still a couple left).
- Easter holidays.
- bug 829456 - Update browser-fullZoom.js to use nsIContentPrefService2
- landed and stuck after sidequest of tracking down a problem about image decoding and page load
- bug 856366 - Intermittent browser_privatebrowsing_zoomrestore.js
- regression from browser-fullZoom.js bug, may have figured it out
- bug 856270 - Update nsEditorSpellCheck to use nsIContentPrefService2
- working on patch
- bug 854299 - Update DownloadLastDir.getFile usage to nsIContentPrefService2
- bug 841495 - implement background tab thumbnailing service
- more back and forth, need to post new patch
- bug 723163 - about:crashes should allow easy cut & paste
- talked to people about how this affects about:memory, decided to go ahead and land, need to post new patch with updated about:memory tests
- bug 749672 - Focus Cancel by default in the “Reset Firefox” (resetProfileAndRestart) button’s dialog of about:support
- bug 703088 - storage.vacuum.last. preferences should appear in about:support
- a little triage
- bug 855149 looking at how to make <input type=range> usable for media controls
- bug 845546 native BrowserID is spinning up work again
- A bit more work on password manager improvements mentioned last week
- Initial stuff for Gijs, PICL, meeting and such.
- We hit our Australis Customization milestone 1 last week, and landed those changes on UX. Things are still a bit fugly. We're working on it.
- Talked with shorlander and fang about what widgets we are going to ship by default, what we plan on cutting, etc. See bug 855290.
- Started hacking on the Bookmarks widget - see bug 855805.
- Curvy Tabs
- Set up milestones for Australis Curvy Tabs to measure our progress
- Got r+ on bug 8013802 which puts the menu in the titlebar on Windows. Thanks MattN for the thorough reviews.
- Downloads panel
- Publishing this blog post about the new downloads panel. Should be up by the time this meeting starts, unless WordPress is being lame. Thanks to Marco, Paolo and Mano who wrote it with me.
- Milestone 2 is next Wednesday. We're hoping to have our widgets figured out by then, but having the actual widgets completed might be a bit optimistic (especially with jaws on vacation). Might have to re-evaluate milestones.
- Hoping to land a fix that stops the widgets in the nav-bar from re-ordering themselves on session restart (bug 855295).
- Other items
- Curvy tabs
- Milestone 1 is tomorrow - we're looking OK to have most of the goals accomplished here (1 or 2 might slip)
- Waiting for feedback from Unfocused on bug 855295.
- Need firm spec on Bookmarks widget from fang / shorlander (bug 855805).
- Worked on bug 738818 review - update - review cycle. Hoping to land it this week.
- Worked on add-on search autocomplete in manager UI - bug 712514. This week will be mainly focused on this bug and other things related to the Add-on Manager.
- Worked on bug 819493, Know Your Rights notification. Patch pending review. Blocked on compiling an official build of FX on Mac
- Good Friday and Easter Monday happened.
- r+ on OS X tabs
- Reviewed (r+) on menubar in titlebar
- Reviewed hotfix bug 812573
- Reviewed popup notification stacking patch bug 854740
- Login manager review
- new web-install ui patch
- marks patch
- cleanup about:addons (fix install/uninstall of builtin providers)
- get patches landed
- further followup on AMO/Marketplace requirements document https://etherpad.mozilla.org/socialAPI-AMO
- try to finish something of fhr/telemetry (bug 851653)
- generic icon for social (toolbarbutton, about:addons)
- mockup of share ui