- Developing & building Gecko& friends on Windows, especially Windows 8, has lots of room for improvement. Here's some of the tribal knowledge to make you happier on our most popular platform.
Customizations to the Console Emulator
Build System Tweaks
- Install mozmake
- Use "mach build binaries" for fast incremental builds if you change only C/C++ files (requires mozmake)
- If you build without using mach (by running make/mozmake/pymake directly), be aware that you must run "mach build-backend" if you change a moz.build file.
- Disable Windows' malware scanning and indexing on your source and object dirs to reduce background CPU load while building.
Handy MOZCONFIG settings
Nifty Visual Studio tricks
Debugging JS on Windows
- Debug/inspect Metro Firefox remotely using devtools in desktop Firefox