- 1 AGENDA
- 2 Meeting Notes
- 3 Interns
- 4 Blog Schedule
- 5 Team Status
- 6 QA
- 7 UX
- 8 Business Development
- 9 Product Marketing
- 10 Docs & Engagement
- 11 Product
- 12 PTO/OOO (Pacific time)
- Have you signed up for note taking?
- Note: Due to department work week there will not be a staff meeting on Monday, May 6th
- PiCL BrownBag has been pushed for after work week
- Work week reminder:
- everyone got their passports?
- agenda will be published this week
- Zach: re-cap from your presentation at Front-Trends in Warsaw
- was your presentation recorded by chance?
- Team updates
- General updates
- Questions + Wrapup
- brownbag on wednesday, may 1 - ben adida
- work week next week in Vancouver!
- No Identity meeting during work week.
- Zach is back from Poland, where he spoke at Front-Trends
- Thanks to everyone for helping Austin on blog series!
- Lloyd up next for a blog post [what's it about?] - 3 left in the series
- signin - Yahoo! users are affected - 10-20% cannot sign in. Patch to fix situation is being discussed today.
- signin - This week is all about FFOS, lots of merges this week. Train 05/22 (closes 5/10) for final merge. External commitment: June 6.
- slip AWS date to week after work week.
- 3319 needs a review/merge from stomlinson
- picl - huge discussion ongoing between picl/signin coordination.
- picl - last week was backend storage discussion. likely backend solution will be sharded mysql
- up - working on the interest API - looks at your browsing patterns and decides which category your site fits into. allows users to share broad interests with site to allow customization. currently allows top 5 interests. ben wants to share all data with everyone - 'cause it's a great idea and what's the big deal about privacy? docs forthcoming.
- up - patches against mozilla central, waiting for review.
- up - good initial feedback on web api, which uses an addon to allow partners to give feedback.
- b2g - ton of stuff to work this week.
- lots of props out to jedp and ed and a-team.
- ateam is coming up with a test suite to allow automated b2g testing.
- goal is merge done before work week.
- Broad discussion
- shout outs going to happen more often.
- picl brownbag moved back - after the work week, date not set yet.
- priority for this quarter - make sure ffos ships.
- gaia team is submerged with too many bugs - if you know HTML/JS, would you be willing to help out there? Not a requirement, but help appreciated. This will delay one of our goals, but we can make this work.
- kudos out to callahad for being so forthright.
- kudos to picl team for deep, open, honest discussion with class.
- A Node.JS Holiday Season blog post summary can be viewed at: https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/a-nodejs-winter
- Huge week for merges - need heavy testing of existing flows.
Signin to the Web
- [Fr] Prefetch PR (#3273) ready to be reviewed
KPI / Metrics
Profile in the Cloud (PiCL)
- Huge dev-identity thread last week on PICL/Signin collaboration.
- We had a backend storage architecture meeting last week. Ryan is drawing up a proposal, but current thinking is a sharded MySQL approach
- Meeting with Fennec folks this week to bring them up to speed
- Interested in PiCL's user stories, demos or any related project documentation, visit the Attached Services wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/AttachedServices
- Brownbag is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1st
[jedp] all quiet from ekr this week. wonder what he's getting up to ...
- thanks to ed for tons of b2g testing
- [jedp] working with ateam on automated testing (b2g persona + marketplace flows)
Docs & Engagement
- [Austin] Part 3 of the abide-i18n blog series going out this week
- [Fr] reached out to RPs using persons.org/verify as a verifier and got them to switch to the real URL
PTO/OOO (Pacific time)
- [jared] PTO Mon Apr 29
- [skinny] OOO May 1 - 3 (conference)
- [warner] - jury duty apr 29 - may 3, uncertain as usual
- [warner] - conferences may 17-22
- [francois] AusCERT May 20-23
- [kthiessen] May 23 - 28 [BayCon over Memorial Day weekend]
- [francois] JSConf US May 27-31
- [warner] - conference june 24-26, PTO july 3-5
- [tauni] Jul 22 - 26
- [shane] Jul 31 - Aug 9