The projects app is and calendaring/scheduling app supposed to track workload on our localization communities as well as expose those opportunities for contribution to new volunteers.
The initial implementation is in bug 542908.
- should be able to classify projects (tags?)
- should store a bunch of dates
- when the project was submitted to the dashboard
- start of l10n
- when localizers can start contributing
- string freeze
- when content is frozen
- due date
- when the localizations need to be done to get published
- whether the due date is hard or soft. Websites are different than marketing campaigns than apps/extensions. One time thing or maintainance
- contact info for the point person to coordinate l10n
- bugs query
- a bugzilla query to get to all l10n bugs for this project
I think most things can be taken care of by clever use of tags. Things like "big project", "website", "verbatim", "firefox", "update" etc combined probably help us to build a folksonomy strong enough so that we don't need to create a real taxonomy for the projects.
It's still not clear to me how we incorporate web projects or pascal's web-dashboard information. Pascal's dashboard is not a Django app, correct? It might be wise to migrate his app to Django.