- (dcm) Our goals have to change thanks to Mobile UI shift:
l10n - Build an API that allows devs to localize js strings
l10n - Have a plan for localizing html files
e10s - Build a prototype SDK that supports content processes on desktop
e10s - Build a prototype SDK that can build add-ons that run in their own process
mobile - Build a prototype SDK that can build add-ons that use non-UI based features for Fennec
- dcm: SDK 1.2 to be released today!
- myk: saw references to addon.mozilla.org, but current docs are at addons.mozilla.org
- want to make sure docs expect to be at correct URL
- wbamberg: some references to one, some to the other
- but docs correctly expect to be at addons.mozilla.org
- dbuc: repacker changes pushing to production on Wednesday
- new SDK will be made available once it is released today
- frontend and backend changes happening (new template system)
- search template being redone
- would like to meet this week to discuss docs and hosting examples
- -> wbamberg to set up meeting
- dcm: mobile team deciding to switch to native ui on android
- this impacts timeline
- adjusted Q4 goals for team
- mobile goal at risk
- other stuff we should be able to do by end of quarter
- ejpbruel: does this mean e10s work is only relevant on desktop for now?
- all: yes
- ejpbruel: potential opportunity to do platform work on new native interface?
- dcm: probably best discussed with mossop
- myk: keep in mind that a future version of android will have better support for multi-process
- and current android has support for multi-thread, which we could take advantage of
- dbuc: android 4 announced soon, should have support for multi-process
- canuckistani: hack day venue has changed
- r2d2/c3po not available (mobile war room), we're going to do it in 10forward
- single track instead of dual track
- room booked, catering booked
- canuckistani: how do developers test on mobile fennec?
- ochameau: update on mozcamp?
- canuckistani: we're doing a talk
- dcm: canuckistani got arky to give talk at kuala lumpur mozcamp
- canuckistani: he'll also be in berlin and is localization coordinator for southeast asia region
- ochameau: any plan to simplify xpis? would be useful for uploading xpis to localization service
- warner: i think we should do it; i'll help
- ochameau: any particular simplifications in mind?
- warner: general idea is to have only one resource protocol mapping and break the directory whose name has several components (like the package name) into individual directories
- ochameau: i have a patch that does some simplification
- gozala: my "no runtime search" patch depends on it
- ochameaeu: i'll keep in touch with daniel to make sure repacks continue to work
- dcm: we decided to do repacks for all addons again for 1.2, as we did for 1.1
- partly because we don't yet have way of distinguishing between Builder and local addons
- will also allow people to digest our change to not do repacks for local websites like http://pariuri365.webs.com addons
- dcm: also myk says we might not need to repack for 1.3
- myk: yes, 1.2 currently passes tests on aurora, central branches
- which means compatibility with firefox 9, 10
- 10 compatibility can change nightly, but 9 compatibility is less likely to change
- and if we make it through aurora period, it probably won't change
- dbuc: we have a flag in AMO to identify addons that shouldn't be updated
- we could expose this better to developers and let them decide
- gozala: what about the addon that checked that box and got repacked anyway?
- dbuc: yes, the flag wasn't being respected but will be