|917986||P5||'Crash Reporter' in a guest profile take effect on originating profile||NEW|
|1140650||--||[guest] Secondary menu header is not removed even though it's empty||NEW|
|1156544||--||Guest mode notification disappears when entering settings||NEW|
3 Total; 3 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Make it easy for someone to share their mobile device with someone else so that person can use Firefox without having access to or altering the device owner's browser data.
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I want to be able to quickly open a new Firefox "guest browsing" session that doesn't have access to any of my open tabs, history, bookmarks or other browser data so someone else can use my browser without having to worry about them seeing any of my stuff. At this stage I do not expect Firefox to lock my browser down completely -- I understand that my guest user will still be able to close the Firefox guest session and be able to open my regular Firefox browser and get access to my data that way. KR: can we specifically call out 'not being able to access password-protected pages where the primary user has remembered their password' but worded much more eloquently?
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I want my existing Firefox session to be closed (and restorable) when I open a guest browsing session in my browser so I don't have to remember to close my browser before creating a guest browsing session.
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I do not want any of the guest session data to be saved or accessible on my device or Firefox once the Firefox guest session is closed.
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I do not want a Firefox guest browsing session to have access to the accounts I have configured with as part of the "Share" feature of my device. If a guest user wants to share something they have found while using a guest browsing session on my Firefox browser, they should have a simple option to send the url by email. KR: or SMS (aka messaging) or Copy to clipboard <- in case they want to ask the primary user to send it via one of their pre-configured email accounts, for instance
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I do not want a Firefox guest browsing session to have access to and be able to change my preferences or browser customization in any way.
- As a guest user of a mobile device, I do not expect my Firefox guest browsing session to have all of the regular Firefox features and to function as normal. I should be able to search and surf the web as normal, but I should not be able to change the primary user's preferences or customizations. KR: will need to carefully check all the settings menu options etc to ensure we have greyed-out or removed all of the items that handle customization & personalization
- As a guest user of a mobile device, I do not want any of my Firefox guest browsing session data to be stored or available to anyone else, once I have closed my guest browsing session.
- KR: may also be worth stating that it is not expected that a guest user can remember passwords for password-protected sites. ie looking at the UX flow below, if a guest changes the text size in their session, will that only apply to that session or will it affect the primary user's defaults?
v2 (presumes Firefox Accounts/PiCL and multiple profile support - ignore for now)
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I want to sign in to my Firefox browser so I can keep my data secure and private even if I share my device with someone else. (Assumes password-protected multi-profile support.)
- As the primary user of a mobile device, I want my existing Firefox session to be locked & restorable only using my Firefox sign-in password when I open a guest browsing session in my browser so I don't have to remember to log out of my browser before sharing my device with someone else. (Assumes password-protected multi-profile support.)
- As the guest user of a mobile device who has a Firefox Account, I want the option of sending any data I have generated while in a Firefox guest browsing session to my Firefox Account so I can review and integrate it into my primary browser data store at a later time.
- As the guest user of a mobile device who does not have a Firefox Account, I want the option of either creating a new Firefox Account and sending my guest browsing session data to it, or emailing a simply-formatted version of that data to myself (as in v1).
Moved from MVP
- As a guest user of a mobile device, I want a simple email-based facility for sharing things I find while using a Firefox guest browsing session, but I don't expect to share using the primary device owner's existing accounts. KR: see above in terms of other sharing options. can we also share via sms and copying to clipboard? Argument against could be the cost of the text... but not sure how easy it will be to send via email without a configured account and would like another option available if possible
- As a guest user of a mobile device, I want the option of emailing a simple version of whatever data I have generated while using a Firefox guest browsing session to myself - history, bookmarks, etc. KR: I don't think this is required as the first phase. Partly due to what this file would look like - and how much of a faff it would be to 'restore' at the other end. I would almost rather introduce the feature first and get some user testing on it to see if it's worth the effort required to bundle up other guest browsing data before expending time & energy on this story for the initial release of the feature.