Mobile/Projects/Form auto-fill improvements
< Mobile | Projects(Redirected from Mobile/Projects/M-commerce: Mobile wallet for form-filling)
- Meta-bug to be filed
NOTE: This project page was written as m-commerce specific, but we're going to expand it to be more generally about form auto-fill improvements...we just haven't done that expansion part yet...
With the growing use of mobile devices for online shopping, we want to make it as easy as possible for users to enter accurate (ie: typo-free) payment and shipping information.
Use cases & user stories
Further fleshing out of use cases to come...
Standard form auto-fill
- As a user, I want some way to clear individual auto-fill entries, so if I have entered incorrect information or if some of my information has changed I don't have to clear all of my auto-fill data in order to correct/clear it.
Payment & shipping credentials (to be revised)
- When I first enter my address in Firefox, I want Firefox to ask if I would like to store that address in my Firefox Wallet so I can enter that information more easily later on.
- When I first enter a credit card number in Firefox, I want Firefox to give me the option of entering and storing that number, a name for that card, and its associated expiry date and security code in my Firefox Wallet so I can enter that information more easily later on.
- When I encounter a form where I need to enter a shipping or billing address and I have already stored a least one address in my Firefox Wallet, I want to be able to use that stored information to automatically fill in those form fields so I don't have to enter the information manually.
- When I encounter a form where I need to enter my credit card information and I have already stored a least one credit card in my Firefox Wallet, I want to be able to use that stored information to automatically fill in those form fields so I don't have to enter the information manually.
- When I encounter a form where I need to enter an address or credit card and I have already stored at least one address or credit card in my Firefox Wallet, I want the option of adding a new address or credit card to my Firefox Wallet and using that new information to automatically fill in the form so I don't have to enter that information in manually later on.
- When my address or credit card information changes, I want to change the information stored in my Firefox Wallet by way of my Firefox Settings, so I can keep that information tidy and up to date.
- When I am finished with a particular address or credit card in my Firefox Wallet, I want to delete those from my Firefox Wallet completely, so I can keep that information tidy.
- When I want to add another address or credit card to my Firefox Wallet, I want to do that directly through my Firefox Settings so I don't have to wait until I use it for online shopping.
- User value - our current form auto-fill feature is very rudimentary, and improving this will make it significantly easier for users to perform more complex tasks on their devices including (but not limited to) mobile shopping & payment completion. Improving user value supports our marketshare & pre-install strategies.
- This is also basic table-stakes since other browsers have been actively improving their auto-fill features.
- No user-perceptible performance degradation
- All goals are met
- All user stories are implemented & tested