Notices / Schedule
Firefox 3.6.9 and 3.5.12
- Releasing today
- In 4-7 days plan to refresh the 3.0/3.5 → 3.6.9 update offer
Firefox 3.6.10 and 3.5.13
- Schedule draft will be sent around today
- Tentative plan is to release on October 12th
- Please nominate and work on any blockers! No need to wait until the last minute when FF4 work is even more intense
Firefox 4 Beta
- beta 5 will likely ship later this afternoon or tomorrow
- beta 6 code freeze is scheduled for FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th
- based on the number of blockers left, this date is at risk
- would actually estimate code freeze to be a week after the 10th
- can and should discuss more in roundtable
Firefox 4 Beta
- a handy list of triage queries is available for all!
(from our goals):
- [ON TRACK] Feature complete Firefox 4
- [DONE] Switch to Tab
- [DONE] App Tabs - Scope for 4.0 reduced (non-global), near feature complete.
- [DONE] Extension Manager - Bug list is converging, still a lot of work to do.
- [DONE] Web Console
- [ON TRACK] Notification UI - Geo and EM notifications done, http auth next.
- [ON TRACK] New Theme - Windows and Mac good, Linux catching up now
- [AT RISK] Silent updates on Windows
- [DROPPED] Inspector
- [DROPPED] Account Manager - WIP patches posted, but we can't contain the review load and code risk.
- [AT RISK] Dirty profile startup within 20% of clean profile startup (modulo extensions, plugins; on windows)
- Current status: Lots of data has been collected and analyzed, but no solid conclusions have shaken out.
- Details page
- Shawn has an updated blog post. Read it for more info.
- Bugs on file that help:
(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)
- [DONE] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
- [DONE] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
- [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
- [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
- [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn't actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.
JM looking good on TM tree, a few blocking things remain: bug 592960, regex problems. Some possible problems related to lack of compartments.
- Accelerated compositing using Direct3D 9 (on Windows) has been turned on by default on mozilla-central!
- If you notice problems with Direct3D 9, please report them in Bugzilla. You will want to accompany your bug report with the Graphics section of about:support, so we can more easily work out what's wrong.
- To narrow down whether a problem is caused by Direct3D 9, you can set the about:config pref
layers.accelerate-noneto true, and restart your browser.
- calc() basically done (see dbaron's blog)
- Q3 goals done
- Still targeting feature freeze: SVG images, async plugin painting
- document presentation swapping on track
- Virtual properties (bug 499201) support at risk for beta5 :(