QA/Fennec/Nightly vs Maple
These are the results from testing tinderbox build from 3/6/2012
The biggest offending bug is bug 732564: maple Get viewport handling good again. It's possible that a few bugs being fixed may cause maple to be better.
- Blurriness (on land or changing tabs) can be an issue in terms of readability ( bug 729615)
- Software Keyboard is not usable due to bug 732564 in Maple
- Checkerboarding from going back and forth on applications (bug 732563).
- Performance so far has been less than 30 fps on most websites.(bug 729082)
QA would not sign off until there are certain bugs fixed.
The worst offending bugs are:
- bug 732564: [maple] Get viewport handling good again
- bug 732089 : Maple: keep resolution on the document instead of the xul window
- bug 732091 : MAPLE: Make the compositor know when it's painting a new page
- bug 732563 : Infinite checkerboard when exiting app, then re-entering it
- bug 733041: Zoomed-in scrolling is astonishingly checkerboardy
- bug 731829 : [maple] Race condition can leave checkerboarding on screen after rotation
- bug 729615: Maple: On load view of the demo site is rather blurry
- bug 728983: Maple invalidation problems with scrollable layer and multiple divs
- bug 733596: Maple: Back buffer (?) uninitialized before first paint (on Adreno devices)?
This shows all the blocking bugs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=725095&hide_resolved=1 Other Bugs/Issues:
- bug 732119 - MAPLE: parts of background never drawn on graph server
- bug 727142 - MAPLE: 2.1 devices crashes on startup
- Naoki - I ran into some crashers which are hard to reproduce. I believe they might be OOM issues though.
On the Good side:
- Maple has fixed some issues with jankiness on panning esp in landscape.
Would you sign off on maple?
- Aaron - Not until it meets the level of quality on par with Nightly
- Naoki - Not until viewport and blurry bugs are fixed
- Tony - not until that blurry bug is fixed. bug 729615
- bug 732564 happens pretty often for me once i click on a new page. It minimizes the viewport and leaves an empty blank window
- also, what is the expected FPS that devs are targeting before merging? 50? 60 FPS? no specific number
- Martijn -
- Kevin - Viewport bug 732564