QA/Paris QA Meetup 2015
Applications are now closed
Participants have been selected for this event. Thanks very much for all the great applications. We hope you will be able to join us at a future event!
On October 24th and 25th, the QA team will be participating along with the l10n team in a joint event in the Mozilla space in Paris, France.
Objective of the Meetup
The purpose of this meetup is to provide a general overview of Firefox OS QA as well as give participants a chance to do some live testing of FX OS. We will balance some presentation with some live testing, in order to provide a balanced learning opportunity.
QA is a wonderful entry point to the Mozilla project that doesn't necessarily require a lot of technical knowledge. Learning QA techniques in general can help you get in a job testing not just software, but all different types of things (hardware, web testing, etc).
- General overview of QA
- Testing and debugging a Firefox OS feature in a hackathon session
Who you will meet
- QA Engineers and testers
- l10n localizers
Criteria for Participation
Only community members who reside in the EU are eligible to apply for spots in the meetup. We are using this list to determine countries that are eligible.
- Available to travel to the event in Paris, France on Friday, October 23, 2015 and stay until the conclusion of the event on Sunday, October 25
- Preference will be given to those who already have some familiarity with using Firefox OS
- Comfortable flashing devices and using adb. You will need to have adb set up on your computer before you arrive at the event
- Willing to read and review any materials sent out prior to the event. We want everyone to hit the ground running!
- Ideally the participant will be willing to train others in their community
- Enthusiasm and a thirst for learning is really what is needed!
Note: This is not a FX OS Development event - we will specifically be focusing on testing FX OS, not developing apps or writing code.
What we will cover
- Airfare or train ticket to event (You may be requested to take a train if the cost is less than flying)
- Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner on Saturday and Sunday
- Reimbursement for round trip travel from Airport/Train to your airBNB or shared transportation
- Lodging for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (as needed) nights in either a shared airBNB (You must be comfortable with sharing a room with other Mozillians) or hotel.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Important: Please add "QA Paris Meetup" to the subject line of the email
- Applications should be submitted no later than Wednesday, August 26, 2015.
- Application Review will begin on Thursday, August 27, 2015. We will select 5 individuals to participate in this meetup. We will contact you via email if you are selected to participate.
- Please contact email@example.com