QA/Team Meeting/QA Team Meeting-2015-12-16

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mozilla QA Meeting - Wednesday, December 16, 2015 @ 1:30pm PST

# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Room: QA
#
# Vidyo:  https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=0HHQN7SSNIkAxuJq04fq7uZk6J8
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99456 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99456 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99456 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa

Template available at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/2016_QA_Team_Template

Welcome

  • Announcements:
    • Welcome back from Mozlando!
    • Stuart is feeling a bit under the weather; Karl will be facilitating the meeting.
    • Important company or team announcements
  • Kudos:
Next Merge: December 2, 2019 Next Release: December 3, 2019
Trains
Central: 72 Aurora: 54 Beta: 71 Release: 70.0

Speaker

Team Updates

  • Please limit to 2 to 3 items per team
  • Updates may include:
    • How are you tracking towards your goals?
    • What are you working on right now?
    • What are some challenges you're facing?
    • What are you planning for the future?
  • Each team is responsible for electing their own delegate (can be different each meeting or on-going)
  • Goal tracking https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Goals/2015q4
  • FxOS
    • Delegate:Pallavi Yaramada
    • Updates:
        • Applications for Summer Internship are flowing in.
        • 2.5 branch - Testing of defect fixes uplifted to 2.5
        • 2.6 - Automation efforts will continue
  • Services
    • Delegate: kthiessen
    • Updates:
      • Cloud Services QA Intern Cynthia Anyango (from Nairobi, Kenya) started on Mon 2015-12-07.
      • What we're working on: Recovery from Mozlando; 2016 planning.
  • Web
  • Platform
    • Delegate:
    • Updates:
  • Firefox
    • Delegate: RyanVM
    • Updates:
      • Search refactor test plan signoff sent. Postmortem scheduled for tomorrow.
      • Push 1.0 signoff should be coming soon.
      • Working on getting an environment set up for Telemetry experiment testing.
      • Testing Tab Group Migration tied to Panorama removal.

Open Floor

  • have a question or topic you want to discuss?
    • Is sitting in on other small group meetings preferable to one big meeting?
  • welcome a new team or community member?
  • taking PTO?
  • Should we do the first January QA meeting?
  • How is the new format?
  • I don't know where else to put this. :) :armenzg is making a series of videos about Mozilla's CI systems. Here's the first one: Introduction to CI behind Treeherder

Action Items From Last Meeting

  • [stephend] - we should update this template to include a space for Action Items (putting them here, below, for now):
    • Action Item: Stephen to talk to Johnny Stenbeck about delegates from Platform team.
      • [stephend] - Talked to Johnny, and have been redirected to talk to :dougt and/or :lmandel - will follow up