From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? --> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug)

  • Summarize SeaMonkey vision thread to useful goals, post them, and get a final series of comments before deciding on them in the Council [KaiRo]

SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2

Has been released.

Thanks to everyone who helped achieving that!

Any feedback we should care about?

  • Pretty much favourable.

SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3

Bug Queries

open blockers all blockers blocker requests

  • Plans for freeze?
    • Likely new features:
      • Customizable toolbars (Navigator and Messenger).
      • Smart Locationbar.
      • Session Store.
      • Tabmail (Tabbed interface in MailNews).
    • Thunderbird probably freezing on Jan 29, would that be a good target for us?
      • No objections.

Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted wanted requests

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager.
    • Has some more progress, delayed from some personal build issues (upgraded MozBuild and ran into conflicts with GDesktop I didn't expect) and my patch I was going to attach came at a time tree was red (rebuilding now and will get new patch up this week) finally.
  • bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
    • Standard8 needs to fix up the imap/news/pop protocol handlers first, but we might be able to switch in the next two weeks.
    • Currently working on bug 469807 SMTP protocol needs protocol handlers for toolkit password manager.
  • bug 382187 Places history.
    • landed for alpha3.
    • Some follow-ups filed, some already being actively worked on.
    • Grouping support in the history window, should be able to land soon.
    • Preferences UI for the smart locationbar: we need some info from Markdak on the supported preferences.
  • bug 36810 Session restore.
    • Still waiting for review - Andrew promised he'll have some time within a week and should be able to look into it.
  • bug 394288 / bug 413385 Toolbar customization.
    • No progress, but I will start on the last phase to turn on the customize toolbar functionality. This should be ready for alpha3 - Ratty.
    • Toolkit bug 407725 is in mozilla-central and 1.9.1 now and seems to stay for good now.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update
    • Kuden has delivered an updated mozapps/ in the form of a theme jar file, and is now working on global/
    • The next step is to file bugs/patches for each sub-module under mozapps/ in order to get reviewed - Ratty.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • Work in slowly progress. A new set of toolbar icons, based on the old ones, are attached in the bug. Lots of css work left, though.
  • bug 454847 Fishcam update.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch.
    • helpwanted
  • Handling bug 420506 Thunderbird kill-rdf.
    • bug 460952 Ensure Thunderbird kill-rdf doesn't break SeaMonkey.
    • bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • Not much more progress. mcsmurf is currently waiting for reviews on some smaller things (related to killing RDF).
  • bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
    • Callek will be concentrating on the download manager instead.
    • Callek still promising fast reviews, since he knows the general lay of the Firefox code and how it all ties together fairly well.
    • asrail has volunteered to drive this forward.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • Mnyromyr will be start working on this during this weekend.


Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


  • Will be gone Dec 21-31



  • More work on DLMGR, I have progress dialoges (roughly) working locally -- I think (see Build issues comments above)
  • After briefly talking with KaiRo I decided to put the plate I was saving for feed Preview back in the cabinet for someone else to take... I will provide all the help I can here (including fast reviews! something hard to come by)... See my newsgroup post for more.
  • Various discussions regarding longer term planning and testing infrastructure.


  • Doing usual reviews and testing.
  • Been working on combined context menus for mailnews bug 469498


  • Worked on 2.0a2 and 1.1.14 releases (latter to be released the upcoming night).
  • Repackaged, tested and released 11 experimental language packs for 2.0a2.
  • bug 382187 places history finished & landed.
  • Some small followups to the latter, including fixes for places tests that failed on SeaMonkey.
  • Worked on removing "What's Related" sidebar.
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.



  • bug 36810 (session restore).
  • bug 459550 (Port Bug 448976 (turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page) to SeaMonkey).
  • bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar).
  • bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey).
  • Tests for cert error page.


  • Preparing mailtabs.




  • Triaging and closing some old/obsolete bugs.
  • Track mozillazine threads on the new Smart Locationbar.


  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
    • bug 467192 (Back-)Port |Bug 223943 - expand "mailnews.headers.showUserAgent" to include x-newsreader| to SeaMonkey
  • Fixed Core/... (but SM related) bugs:
    • bug 458847 colordepth.html TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL on my Windows 2000: 24<->32 bit colors mismatch
  • And working on other areas... like
    • infrastructure for running tests
    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit and Reftest) tests
    • doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; hoping for bug 464325 new tinderboxes.


See Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-16#Standard8


  • Started to work a bit on bug bug 460699 (Make the default theme look better on mac). Fixed a couple of minor ui bugs.


Any other business?

  • Standard8 suggests adding an "Account Manager" component under Mailnews Core since most of our account manager code is shared at the moment and it doesn't make sense to fork it.
  • Date of next meeting.
    • 30th December and 6th January are holiday periods for most people, but 13th January is too long between meetings, especially if we plan to freeze for alpha3 on 29th January. Instead we will hold a short meeting with only the roundtable and "any other business" on 30th December to see where we are on our way towards alpha3.