Socorro is the name for the Mozilla Crash Stats project. It is an open source project which other companies are also using for crash statistics.
Breakpad is a set of libraries by Mozilla products for client-side crash reporting.
Socorro is a crash ingestion pipeline for collecting, processing and reporting on crashes from Breakpad.
How to file a bug for Socorro
Bugs can be filed at: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?format=__standard__&product=Socorro
Thank you for filing bugs!
Contributing to Socorro
The Socorro project is currently hosted on Github at: https://github.com/mozilla-services/socorro
Socorro is an open source project and we welcome code contributions.
Writing tools to use Socorro data
You can test and learn about the Socorro API here:
Staging and Testing
- Circle CI for testing: https://circleci.com/gh/mozilla-services/socorro
- stage: https://crash-stats.allizom.org/
We have weekly meetings, though few people attend them. If you'd like to attend a meeting, let us know on #breakpad on IRC.
We will be happy to answer your questions to help you get your Socorro install up off the ground. You may contact the Socorro team at either:
- irc: irc.mozilla.org #breakpad
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mailing list: email@example.com (https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/tools-socorro)