The purpose of this document is to make these requirements known and understood for people interested in releasing a new web application on Mozilla infrastructure.
- Ensure that deployed web apps are of sufficient quality to bear our brand and be presented to the target community
- Ensure that our applications are respectful of their shared environment and resources
- Provide for timely and reliable validation and deployment of updates to applications
- Ensure that expectations of availability, resource limits, turnaround time, and other such factors are well-understood by all parties, and negotiated to mutual satisfaction
- Remember we're one team trying to serve millions
- Group hugging is mandatory
- Give IT and other affected groups as much notice as possible
- Have documented requirements
- Must be code-complete, meaning it meets your base requirements
- Must be in a repository
- Must be reviewed by Webdev before staging and deployment
- Must be reviewed by Product Management before deployment
- Must be reviewed by Marketing and User Experience before deployment
- Ideally would have some sort of testing scripts written for code coverage.
- Code must run on current IT infrastructure/software. Exceptions/additions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and require more ramp up time.
Okay, so now what?
- File an IT request to get things rolling. Explain the above items in your bug, and when you want to release your app. We will work together as a team to get it done.