- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 18.104.22.168 + Fx 22.214.171.124
- Decided to stay with original fix for pwdmgr bug (autofill pref = true, so no change to autofill behavior by default), but had to respin Linux for keyboard shortcut regression.
- Wrapping up QA cycle. BFTs and l10n spot checks completed with rc1 builds on Mac and Windows. Linux BFTs underway.
- Verified software update works on Vista, but still need to do more thorough update testing and wrap up a few more bug verifications.
- Release scheduled for Thursday 12/14 with partner builds to soon follow. Current plan is to "release" in the morning (website updates), and wait until after 4pm to make the updates live (to make IT happy).
- Alpha1 Released last week!
- Aravind out, Matthew remote - light coverage
- Amsterdam is coming up this week - look for more info in coming weeks
- Stage migration is continuing
- Bouncer2 migration - supporting build as needed
- Bugzilla upgrade
- New Intel Xserves in are in; build times are a nice improvement (10 minutes vs. 34); still working through some UB issues (bug 363487), so build will begin to appear shortly.
- morgamic and lars are workingon Bouncer2 deployment; Firefox 126.96.36.199 will be using it to start
- Current releases
- 1509: preed
- 2001: TR
- Tbird 2.0b1: rhelmer
- Gecko 1.9a1: rhelmer
- Stage migration will resume the week of December 18th
- Rhelmer is starting to work on testing tinderboxen infrastructure with the end goal of getting better testing results for the trunk; this includes test reference platforms, as we've done for the build farm.
- Test Execution
- 1509/2001 [Jay/Juan]
- BFTs, L10n, bug fix, verification testing done [jay/juan/all]
- Extra Vista update testing [jay, juan]
- Reran l10n checker on firefox 188.8.131.52, see results [robcee]
- Tbird 2 - Ran BFT tests on Windows [marcia, tomcat] See results
- Gran Paradiso - dog fooding and smoketest [marcia, robcee, timr]
- Preparatory work on Spidermonkey 1.6 release [bc]
- Fuzz testing of print preview which had not been possible because of bug 362210 [martijn]
- Fuzz run on trunk for Linux/Windows [bc]
- Setup Hebrew testing for FFx 184.108.40.206. Hebrew is new for this release [timr]
- 1509/2001 [Jay/Juan]
- Test Development
- Developed test cases for RefTest [martijn]
- Eggplant: 75% completion of porting Smoketests to 2.0 on Mac. Windows is already done. A re-org of structure for 2.0 suite is tied to porting process. Back ported uninstall subroutines to 1.5 [tracy]
- Tools and Infrastructure
- Buildbots setup and partially running on windows and linux on a locale machine. This will be transferred to VMs in Colo once the IT task is done.[robcee]
- Ts Performance test tools [alice]
- Checked in web page grabber tool
- Code cleanup for python test framework: No longer need several special python modules. Simplifies installation.
- Litmus [coop]
- Talkback: Near completion of automated symbols cleanup script [jay]
- Tuesday: bug day
- Friday: Community test day with 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 and Thunderbird 2
- working with Sun China team. They are interested in joining us for test days and collaborating on test tools. They are also interested on championing and java Plug-In bugs from the Mozilla community.
- Continuing to work with Open Source class at Seneca University [alice, robcee]
- Working with community developers and testers at US Berkeley [timr]
- Hiring [timr, distributed team members]
- phone interviews with 3 candidates
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Firefox Flicks: Press release issued announcing the airing of Flicks on TV starting tonight.
- Flicks going live on TV.
- First survey went out to campus reps.
- FaceBook phase two starting to ramp.
- Repair of SFX rollcall nearly completed.
- Ken Saunders joins the SFX moderators.
- (from last week) Crop Circle on Google Maps.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Bouncer 2 migration
- New prod environment ready
- Data migration underway
- Load testing this evening w/ 2.0 bits
- Trailing static l10n tasks (navbar, etc.) being cleaned up today
- Alpha tasks (Dec. 15 is the public preview)
- Site navigation, clean-up
- Dynamic l10n refactoring
- Data migration this week
- Policy draft
See the report on Mozilla Foundation activities for the week ending December 8, 2006. Note that Frank will not be participating in the 1 pm PST call due to his travel schedule.