The Quality Top 5
- 1 Firefox front-end bug 1132036 and related bug 1107695.
- This impacts users every day, especially when they want to try outnew features such as Hello or use social sharing services which only have stuff in the tool bar, or want to use the new Search UI. The latter may require toolkit/a11y collaboration to get the anon stuff working right.
- 2 front-end bug 633899
- When opening the in-content Settings, or Add-Ons manager, initial focus is on some unknown accessible object and one has to do an extra tab to get somewhere useful. Old content would put focus right in the list of tabs/categories, and in Add-Ons, this should put one on the first usable control.
- 3 front-end bug 1067446
- Provide a means for assistive technology users to know whether they're dealing with an info bar or door hanger. Related for doorhangers is also long-standing bug 653226, which appears in doorhangers frequently. We need to settle on a keyboard model for these split buttons and bring consistency into this thing.
- 4 core bug 473206 - "GetTextAtOffset returns wrong values for the current line if the source file contains carriage returns."
- and possibly other text-related bugs still lingering that cause our assistive technology partners grief.
- 5 Core ARIA stuff like aria-hidden, name calculation etc.
On the radar
Other work that requires status updates.
- 2015 events
- All hands
- FOSS screen reader meetup (in Toronto like last time), early August?
- Potential intern projects
This day in History
- On this day in 1990 South African resistance leader Nelson Mandela was released from prison after more than 27 years
- We discussed the Jared from WebAIM extension issue.
- There seems to be agreement on the way forward for bug 1067446 so we need to figure out resources.
- Gijs discussed the way FF creates the list of priority bugs (GMC, Gavin, Madhav, Chad). Marco will joing FF-dev and add ours to iteration/planning spreadsheet. Watch for Marco Mucci posts.
- There are potential conflicts in May and August for the meetup. Maybe July is OK?
- Intern project idea: don't forget dev tools!