Armenian L10n - Mozilla Translator
BE AWARE THAT THIS PAGE IS SPECIFIC TO THE ARMENIAN LOCALIZATION
I will explain what I have learned so far.
Go over this doc -> How to localize Mozilla Firefox
I have the Mozilla Translator (from now on MT) that Vahe have sent me which it is MT 5.0.4(needs Java runtime to use it) and a file Glossary.zip. We will also need to install Arial AMU (Unicode) font.
Install and set up
- Put the MT and the Glossary.zip in the same folder
- Unzip the font into C:\Windows\fonts
NOTE: Without the font, you will see squares instead of Armenian characters in the translated strings
- Open MT, select "Edit->Chrome view" (Alt + C)
- It will ask you for columns (use Ctrl key to select the following)
- Text: Original, Text: Translated,
- Keep original,
- Accesskey: Original, Accesskey: Translated, (it is optional)
- Commandkey: Original, Commandkey: Translated (it is optional)
- In locale type: hy-AM
- Select to don't ask again (this can be modified in the MT preferences
- Go to the left bar and select a file to start translating
- If you wish to maintain the original text you can check the Keep original checkbox
- I don't know what I'm suppose to do with MT; I have found that you can export into jar files (in this page)
- I might have to send somebody to Axel or Vahe
- TO NOTE: you will see on 'Manage products' these: 'browser', 'dom', 'reporter', 'security', 'toolkit' and 'summator' (I don't know what these are)
- Why the products shown before don't match with what it's said in http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_howto_Firefox.html?
Which columns to select when doing "Edit->Chrome view"
What the chrome view looks like (it can be minimized and maximized to open multiple views)