- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 Issues
- 4 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 The Overview
- 7.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 7.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 7.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 7.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 7.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 7.6 Holidays and Trips
- 8 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- Goal: Continue to deliver B2G automation support for in house developers and partners - jgriffin & team
- Goal: Create new Performance measurement tool with performance team to measure startup using the best of our new tools - mozharness/mozbase/datazilla. - jmaher & perf team
- Goal: Support next generation android efforts by getting Android x86 virtualized environments to run mochitests - bc
- Goal: Improve test slave capacity by allowing linux desktop tests to be entirely virtualized for tests that do not need hardware support. - jmaher & Releng
- Goal: Build to support future capacity for workflow and performance by:
- Deploying Bugzilla 4.2 - dkl, glob
- Publicizing and starting on an effort to revamp TBPL - jeads, edmorley & team
- Updating test harnesses to use mozbase and mozharness and creating a migration plan for moving to better test reporting across the board (migration planned for Q2 to coincide with TBPL v2 delivery) - jhammel & ahal
- Revamp GoFaster measurement tools - camd
- Create plan for triage workflow and begin triaging according to it - lizzard
- Make all QA centered automation ready for rapid betas to allow the desktop team to work faster - Henrik & team
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
- synchronisation between bmo and tcl went live today!
Any issues that need discussing with the entire team go here
- New Meeting format
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
Put your questions and things to raise with the entire team here
- [bc] Use logging in devicemanager instead of print?
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
Mobile (1st Monday)
- Configured OSX to use Network Link Conditioner to emulator 3G phone networks
- Investigating improvements in using the logging module - bug 853961. Good progress.
- Back into production by March 26.
- [rwood] Continued development of long-running GaiaUI tests (bug 843083), helping debug memory leaks, next step is datazilla integration. For a detailed test list please see the GaiaUI Stress Test etherpad.
- [ahal] Landed crash stacks for b2g (bug 843296)
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [glob] zeus caching investigation
- [dkl] lots of tracking flags work
- [glob] updated the list of products visible by default on enter_bug pages
- [dkl, glob] lots of post 4.2 bug fixes (arecibo, dashboards, persona, splinter, typesniffer, needinfo)
- Updated VMware tools on ESXi vms.
- Updated to Django 1.5
- Broke UnitTests due to a name conflict with Django's new unittests
- Broke on OSX due to a change in metaclasses
- Ok on Windows and Linux. :-/
- Need helping hand in MV to reboot qp-mac106i64-01
- [camd] - implemented fixes for some suite case duplication bugs. pushed to stage. testing now.
- [camd] - pushed fix for replication error with test run activation to prod. looking good so far.
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/851826,850670
- [edmorley] Parser patches: https://bugzil.la/816971,853994,854002
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 852711.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 7.42
- [edmorley] Another round of nagging devs about top oranges & disabling tests where no action has been taken.
- [edmorley] Debugging patches/try runs to try and make progress on bug 603147.
- [edmorley] Reviewed https://github.com/mozilla/treeherder-service/pull/8
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] Filed a bug/call to action about doing a cross-browser startup test that loads a web page: bug 852744
- [wlach] Continued work on using pointgrey cameras for live capture of devices without HDMI out. Really starting to really look like a viable method of getting performance data!
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [wlach]: Documentation work for moznetwork, mozhttpd, ManifestDestiny: bug 852296, bug 852422, bug 853956
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] More work on the "policy for showing platforms/test-suites on TBPL's default view".
- [edmorley] Brainstorm & triage of ideas to reduce tree infra load: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/InfraLoadIdeas
Holidays and Trips
- UK public holiday this coming Friday (29th March) & Monday (1st April).
- Canada public holiday this Friday March 29th
- [edmorley] PTO Wed 27th.
- Mozilla Quebec is having a FirefoxOS apps day in Montreal on May 18 or 25.