- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 Issues
- 4 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 The Overview
- 7.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 7.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 7.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 7.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 7.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 7.6 Holidays and Trips
- 8 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- Goal: Continue to deliver B2G automation support for in house developers and partners - jgriffin & team
- Goal: Create new Performance measurement tool with performance team to measure startup using the best of our new tools - mozharness/mozbase/datazilla. - jmaher & perf team
- Goal: Support next generation android efforts by getting Android x86 virtualized environments to run mochitests - bc
- Goal: Improve test slave capacity by allowing linux desktop tests to be entirely virtualized for tests that do not need hardware support. - jmaher & Releng
- Goal: Build to support future capacity for workflow and performance by:
- Deploying Bugzilla 4.2 - dkl, glob
- Publicizing and starting on an effort to revamp TBPL - jeads, edmorley & team
- Updating test harnesses to use mozbase and mozharness and creating a migration plan for moving to better test reporting across the board (migration planned for Q2 to coincide with TBPL v2 delivery) - jhammel & ahal
- Revamp GoFaster measurement tools - camd
- Create plan for triage workflow and begin triaging according to it - lizzard
- Make all QA centered automation ready for rapid betas to allow the desktop team to work faster - Henrik & team
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
Any issues that need discussing with the entire team go here
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
- Goals Q2, Round 2 -- A way to create some kind of connective issue between high level goals and where we actually do work -- bugzilla.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
Mobile (1st Monday)
- Series of bug fixes and logging changes bug 853961
- Updated 2012-10-01 - 2013-04-01 test run at: http://mrcote.info/phonedash_bc/
- [ahal] has implemented crash detection in B2G unit tests
- [mdas] is working on taking the touch support we've added to Marionette for B2G and adding that to the W3C WebDriver spec
- [ryanvm] has been chasing down perma-oranges in 'make check' tests for B2G desktop builds
- [jgriffin] is working on getting Gaia Unit tests in TBPL using B2G desktop builds, ...but... b2g desktop builds created by buildbot don't work "correctly"...they throw an XPCOM assertion when JS attempts to enumerate properties of the window object
- [rwood] Continuing work on long-running gaia-ui tests, integrating with datazilla
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [camd] fixed a few more bugs with MozTrap.
- Pushed the 1.4.5 version with updated Django
- [camd] began an overall tutorial for MozTrap
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/816971,848383,852711,853994,854002,704006
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 841316.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 6.2
- [edmorley] Raised the threshold for suppressing the weekly War on Orange summary email (bug 854907).
- [edmorley] Debugging patches for one of our top oranges (bug 855681 & bug 855686).
- [RyanVM] Hid Windows XP xpcshell (bug 856027) and Android 4.0 robocop (bug 855406) test suites due to high failure rates.
- [RyanVM] Worked around frequent assertion orange (bug 807442) that had spiked recently.
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] Sped up the point grey capture quite a bit, currently it gives good captures, only detail is that you have to manually tell it which area of the area to capture. Currently working on a program to automatically figure that out, taking a little while.
- [wlach] Still working on the startup capture stuff (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=852744), have things mostly working there too. Having some trouble with getting chrome to run it in MV for comparative results though. Think it must be some kind of first start issue.
- [wlach] Spent the usual amount of time dealing with random breakage of the phones/dashboard in MV (maybe 6 hours), including a strange regression where the LG G2X is no longer able to load CNN.com since around the 20th (update: this issue or something like it now seems to be affecting the GN as well). Filed a bug about it (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=855019), but have to do some more investigation.
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [edmorley] Made the zombie process check (a top intermittent failure) log output TBPL compatible (bug 854407).
- [edmorley] Cleaned up mozharness/buildbotcustom log parsing regex for crashes (bug 855697).
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] 3-day week (PTO Wed, UK public holiday Fri).
- [edmorley] Created Sheriffing/Job_Visibility_Policy and announced to dev.tree-management/dev.platform, releng & A-Team.
- [RyanVM] Day-to-day sheriffing of trees.
- [RyanVM] Progress getting m-c B2G desktop checktests green and enabled (bug 856248).
- [RyanVM] Various daily branch uplifts.
Holidays and Trips
- UK public holiday today (Monday 1st April).