- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- US will be out next week (the 27th) -- it's up to the non-US folk if y'all want to have a meeting
- We did our hat drawing. It duplicated everyone so we all get two 1/2 hour meetings with someone on the team just to go over what they do and what you do. It's a way to help cross train the team. We'll see if this proves useful or not. So, this week, it's up to you to schedule a 30min sync-up with the person you're paired with, the left side of the list below are the folks responsible for scheduling. So I (ctalbert) have to schedule something with glob.
It's up to you whether you want to do irc/phone/vidyo etc. It's just for your own mutual benefit.
- edmorley [UTC+1] => mdas
- jmaher => RyanVM [UTC-5]
- jgriffin => jeads
- RyanVM [UTC-5] => bc
- Jeff Hammel [UTC-8] => jgriffin
- mdoglio [gmt] => mcote
- KWierso [UTC-6/8] => rwood
- glob [gmt+8]=> jmaher [est]
- mcote => dburns [UTC+1]
- mdas => whimboo [UTC+2]
- ahal => wlach
- rwood => Jeff Hammel
- ekyle => ctalbert
- wlach => davehunt
- whimboo [UTC+2] => KWierso [UTC-6/8]
- jeads => lizzard
- bc => dminor
- dkl [utc-5] => ted
- dminor => edmorley [UTC+1]
- dburns [UTC+1] => dkl [utc-5]
- davehunt [UTC+1] => camd
- ctalbert => glob [gmt+8]
- camd => mdoglio
- ted => ekyle
- lizzard => ahal
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [jmaher] bug 871575 - investigate nss crash on shutdown for android
- found offending preference to prevent this- landed on reftest, working on talos update
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/770579,828866,867171,873099
- [edmorley] Patches:
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 7.62
Performance (3rd Monday)
- bug 845943 - improve tscroll detection and reporting
- various fixes to data mining tools (compare.py)
- bug 872871 - remove unused extensions from talos (android)
- bug 874049 - add preferences to disable network access
- various work on xperf to analyze disk usage (files accessed, # reads, # writes, # bytes)
- coming up with whitelist solution and will analyze reported data and alert if something falls outside of whitelist
- Stoneridge - no big changes, bc, jmaher are working on becoming familiar with machines and toolchain
- Webpagetest.org - investigating the toolchain to find limitations and possible uses outside of necko team
- js-benchmarking - [looking at ways] to get more realistic usage data for the js team to optimize for real work.
- microbenchmarking - have some tests for win8-metro and for debugger tools, not much progress the last couple weeks on this.
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [jmaher] -bug 868158 - mochitest manifest support in the core harness
- NOTE: this does not mean we are switching to manifests this week, just support for it in the harness
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] 4-day week, was on PTO Thurs.
- [edmorley] Android mochitest-gl has been moved out of the default TBPL view due to high failure rate. As a bonus, this will reduce the occurrences of bug 663657, since it turns out they were mainly due to webgl (now that we can tell it apart from the rest of the mochitest-1 chunk).
- m-cMerge has been moved to https://mcmerge.mozilla.org/ from its non-Mozilla server home, so that the static assets are served over HTTPS (bug 871231). Links have been updated on TBPL for now (bug 873099) - but longer term we will integrate with TBPL.
- [edmorley] Patches:
Holidays and Trips
- Today is a public holiday for Canada & Germany.