B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-05-10
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific
3 weeks to go! https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/1568715
- Removed Engineering Mode API
- Removed Data Store API
- Removed Inter-App Communication API
- Removed RequestSync API
- Progress on homescreen
- [alberto] working on getting integration tests working again
- Switching frames currently, not working with chrome, hopefully that will fix tests
- [alex] working on tests to merge pine back into m-c meta bug: bug 1267321
- 10 volunteers for mentoring sessions
- @dattaz reported he has an Open C build ready: http://builds.firefoxos.mozfr.org/openc/transition/
- blob-free build for Flame, now on b2g-installer addon
- @kskarthik reported that B2G OS MDN doc restructuring is done
- Unnecessary docs are moved to archive - a link to the archive was added to the main page
- A new page to list supported devices has been added (linking to discourse post for the moment) - special page for each device support status still need to be created
Proposals still ongoing in the discourse topic: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/governance-working-group/8177/47
- @Luca and @Thatoo are exploring different Decision Making Software, explaining pros and cons.
- Call for contributors writing WIP: https://mypads.framapad.org/p/call-for-contribution-yhh6n7wp Everyone is welcome to help !
Gaia Build System
- For web apps, what do we need to build system to do? How can we deploy them to a web server and populate them as a default pinned site rather than package them up?
- Should system chrome be moved out of the apps folder or eventually out of Gaia entirely, into /b2g/chrome/ on mozilla-central?
- Need to review all shared libraries and decide what to share on the web
- Platform support isn't ready. Shall we put webcomponents.js shim in shared/ for web apps (e.g. Clock)?
- Is it OK to directly link to ../../shared/ for now for web apps?
It starts to be a right time to begin translation work (at least for doc - later for manifesto, call for contributors, communication papers)
- Should we make a special group for that, or integrate it in doc/communication meetings ? (both ? :-/)
- Yes for documentation, maybe early for the rest
Mozilla-Central/Mozilla-Inbound builds broken : bug 1270879
- Could be because of STL change?