- B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-08-23
- Host: Lapiniege
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific / 4pm UTC
- Benfrancis - sorry I can't make the meeting this week as I have a meeting conflict np ;)
- Any update on Bug 1295011 (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1295011 ) ?
- Browser logo: discussions here https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/poll-icon-for-b2g-os-browser/10484/
- Could we remove it ?
- Fairphone 2 build-blobfull is ready.
- Waiting for blobfree on B2G Installer - blocked by build issue
- Thanks Novski for the hard work :)
- Open C FR/EU: blob-free builds available https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/zte-open-c/8402/31
- need to test them before pushing them to B2G Installer, and using the buildbot to build them
- (for French-speaking contributors): discussions about building for Open C in French here: https://forums.mozfr.org/viewtopic.php?p=826694#p826694
- Updated Compatible Devices (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/Building_and_installing_B2G_OS/Compatible_Devices ) with Fairphone 2 info
- MDN docs restructuring is going on https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/mdn-docs-restructuring-phase-2-technical-review/10423/1 (Thx kskarthik :)
- Created B2G OS Architecture page https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/B2G_OS_Architecture Improvement is welcome :-) Thx kskarthik :)
- B2G installer page updated by Lissyx (Thank you! +1) https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/Building_and_installing_B2G_OS/B2G_installer_add-on
- Updated the (MDN) sidebar (thx Luca :))
- Completed Mulet page (tech review needed) https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/Mulet (thx Luca :))
- Important topic opened on pages concerning different ways to run Gaia https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/how-can-i-run-gaia-b2g-os-there-are-at-least-three-pages-talking-of-this-topic/10506
- Question: Did Novski published a guide on how he worked with porting to the Fairphone 2? I could be interesting for people new to the porting field
- There some information in the (long) discourse topic https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/fairphone-2-build/8641/
- [Lapineige] I will submit my manifesto proposal (based on ben françis proposal) today on discourse
- Council meeting this week ?
- Discourse category renamed to B2G OS
- We now have a spanish telegram group (there are almost 50 people) https://telegram.me/joinchat/AviCjADtM6axup5EyuVuiw
- Great ! Don't forget to come on discourse too if you have technical questions or interesting information to share :)
- Should we translate the meeting notes in French and other languages? Where to put them so that they would appear in the wiki?
- Too soon, it's extra efforts - but we have other priorities
- Tips from the world pad - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/B2GOS_-_Tips_from_the_World
- Good to use this to gather question from non-English speakers (but everyone can also report them from their national community forums/sites)
- We should warm again about the meetings on discourse every week - newcomers don't know there is a meeting
- Looking for an Web RTC based alternative for video conference https://hubl.in/ (open source)
- https://meet.jit.si/ is also great (free as freedom, privacy respectful) sounds great ! Then, let's move on to it. Sessions can be recorded with vokoscreen https://github.com/vkohaupt/vokoscreen
- There is also Spreed IM but someone needs to install it
- If we wanna test it (next week ?) let's warm on discourse first to be sure no one miss the info and use Vidyo. Let's try :-)
- https://vroom.im/ it adds a collaborative pad (thanks to etherpad) (oh, jit.si also do it, nice :p)
- we already have this pad, changing it will confuse people even more