B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-09-13
- Host: Jovan
- Notes copied to the wiki each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific / 4pm UTC
- Alastair (only on Ether)
- m.ducorps (Matth)
- jamie (kinda)
- [benfrancis] I'm not able to attend today due to a meeting conflict, could someone else host please?
- Creating milestones for B2G OS https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/creating-milestones-for-b2g/10718 this is just a draft. How and where do we create the programers-palace? :-)
- I think we should be able to create milestones in bugzilla :-)
- Probably a good idea since we did it before, mentioned by Jovan there are some more merchandising posters and flyers in the pipe.
- Are they the latest versions? by Luca, Enrico and Sai
- What about the lockscreen bug?
- sizvix said that it seems because it takes the landscape width and not the portait width. ** this.handle.radius is wrong in portait mode in lockscreen_slide.js
- Simon is working o this: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/about-the-lockscreen-bug/10804
- If people want to test Alastair's proposed fix for the soft home button, it is here: https://github.com/asppsa/gaia/tree/bug-123472
- please make a PR and create attachment on the bug Already done +1
- App porting status
- I'm trying to fix it, but I have very limited time right now (Jovan)
- albertopq not actively working but happy to help, contact him on Discourse
- update github pages
- fix the alarm API, write an addon
- SMS app
- m.ducorps is resuming his work on the app this week. He had been busy ( now checking what's happen this last two months should be able to start working on it by the end of the week)
- maybe he could file some bugs ( ok will work on it )
- Cost control
- bluemini has started some work but is not able to continue at the moment. He can provide an inittial guidance for whoever would like to help, contact him on Discourse
- maybe he can push his work in github
- no answer from haddub
- FM radio
- no answer from jzhang
- no answer from stargayte
- What are the problems to fix with Gecko right now?
- debug builds are broken - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1295011
- permission popups do not work
- camera API broken
- Nexus 4 build ready https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/nexus-4-builds/10783 (thanks to Alastair!)
- is on b2g-installer?
- No, there will need to be a PR to the installer to make it look in my s3 if we want that, I think. Apparently there is no prospect of getting Nexus 4 builds on Taskcluster again.
- Fairphone blobfree build work is ongoing (thanks to Novski!)
- Xperia E3 (flamingo) build succeedes. Builds are now being produced with some regularity (weekly, as long as I can). Not added to the installer add-on yet (that's important)! (thanks to Enrico!)
- B2G old Architecture page call back https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/b2g-os-architecture-page/10787
- MDN Structure reorganization proposal by Novski (https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/mdn-for-b2g/10814/2)
- Novski deleted the wrong and anyway double information about how to bulild on https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G/blob/master/README.md and updated it with Telegram and MDN links
- Novski contacted chris mills to get B2G instead of Firefox OS in to the Header of some Languages on MDN Headers. It seams to be broken https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1300708
- introduced a loomio decisions making place. https://www.loomio.org/g/WencE2Du/b2gos
- maybe people should check it out and tell what they think about it
- krz37 will make a post on discourse
- Telegram now has a bot that connects IRC #B2G in both directions -> right now we give it a try and see if this works for everyone
- havent gotten much time to talk to the slenium people to figure out solution for chrome://
- I am going to start working on generating new test cases for currently working components
- where should i be hosting the test cases?
- does github work for that?
- i need a list of components to generate test cases for
- launch an app / browser in general
- if people reach out trying to get involved in QA have them shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discourse section ?
- also if someone could shoot me the answers to these questions at the same email address it would be great!
- but we should communicate this somewhere open :-)
- i might file a bug report to track components as they are ready for testing/completion as a qa tracker
- No activity in gaia repo since a month. What about gecko ?
- Couple of fixes in gaia yesterday and today
- Gecko has had fixes on build breakers by Alexandre
- Using https://vroom.im for conference instead of vidyo ( should be tested before switching )
- Who would like to test it?
- try to use vroom.im and do a test run next week -> communicate discourse, mailing list, IRC
- krz37 will do that
- Skype is working well today (FYI) with Vidyo -- only audio so it is a good backup but maybe not the main channel
- Who would like to test it?
- Adding Sony's AOSP devices to installer add-on. It shouldn't be that difficult because Sony itself provides the binaries. Benefit: it would work for many devices. +1
- obstacles are downloading blobs and agreeing to licenses -> these parts need to be implemented
- Jovan will host meetings for now, if anyone else is interested to host, feel free to say so.