Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 11:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- Some very beefy VMs will be spun up to build a parallel Stage ES cluster. This is part of the ES migration plan. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1088569
- We haven't shipped a release in 22 days. Anyone object to one going out tomorrow AM EST?
- work week
- we have two spaces for EngOps -- one that holds 60 and one that holds 30. A gdoc spreadsheet is coming where we can start scheduling breakouts
- We're likely to get one. Going to find the right candidate and then match a project to the intern. There are a few spots left on the interview panel, so PM me if you're interested.
- postmortem on the collector upgrade last week
- two copies of action plan, one was updated and we worked from the other one
- crashes had been put into processor after UTC day ended, so they ended up in the wrong day. We set up a 'time machine processor' that corrected the time.
- seven hours of crashes (100k) got orphaned, but processor2015 came to the rescue even though it wasn't deployed. One machine was manually converted to 2015 and ran for a while. It did partial reprocessing. We configured a one off instance to go in and reprocess those crashes with the correct information in them. Rhelmer + Lars jumped in and backfilled so it looked like there was no problem
- devopsdays Ghent recap
- Phrawzty was there and will be making a blog post, also doing a Hangops on Friday at 09:00 California time if anybody wants to tune in.
- phrawzty: attending and speaking at OWF on Friday, 31 October.
- laura: in MV/Half moon bay next week for LEAD. Home Monday, MV office Tuesday, offline Wed-Thur, flying Friday.
- lonnen: afk friday + monday
- lars: Eugene, OR next Tuesday