Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 11:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- getting close on symbol migration
- NFS symbol store synchronized to S3, few minutes lag or less
- currently-open PR to make processor use symbols in S3
- once this lands we can switch stage/prod to S3 symbol store
- there are a few microservices that use symbol store:
- MS-style symbol server symbols.m.o in heroku
- symbolapi.m.o (aka snappy symbolication service) waiting for EC2 node
- too CPU intensive to run on Heroku unless we use the (expensive!) dynos
- Elasticsearch - it's expensive!
- Working through options that include 3rd-party hosting as well as DIY.
- May need to consider how much data we store in terms of longevity as well as completeness (i.e. no raw crashes?)
- es9 had a disk and/or controller failure and has been removed from the cluster. See bug 1129487 for more info.
Postgres module related:
- Just added all SQL files to our package distro
- Lars added md5sum to the collector, so we are on our way to deprecating the reports_duplicates process inside Postgres (yay)
- ProductVersions is next up for API migration, had paused to work on deprecating product_info, but it is taking too long so selena is going to migrate this as-is and refactor/deprecate some junk related to this later
- Saw a possible request for ADI API endpoint - any special concerns, or can I make this using existing whitelist/blocklist API features?
- PyTennessee 2015/02/05 - 2015/02/08
- vacation 2015/02/08 - 2015/02/16
- code4lib keynote & conf 2015/02/07 - 2015/02/09, will be working though mostly available afternoons
- code fellows SQLAlchemy/alembic talk in Seattle 2015/02/20
- vacation 2015/02/23
- Anyone else going to PyCon? I got a poster accepted (on making useful diagrams), am attending the core python language summit on 5/8 and Ada Camp 5/12-13.