< Breakpad | Status Meetings
« previous meeting — index – next week » create?
Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- stage submitter?
- datadog sends summary to willkg on a whimsical frequency about what maybe happened last week
- will went looking for better alerting
- couple emails went by this morning
- indicate that its up and working
- its fine! its fine!
- it had some troubs yesterday
- last week on the 15th (no pushes) there was a 90% drop in submission
- its been low since, but crashes are still flowing so monitors are green
- elastic search memory issues again
- we get incoherent numbers, sometimes
- more inconsistent than last time it showed up
- adrian is working on suggestions
- talking to phrawzty about it
- likely going to add more shards
- bug upcoming
- issue affects every query using faceting
- totals are the only correct information
- every materialized view and ss query is impacted
- have we warned anyone yet?
- we need to
auth changes coming (Peter)
- email going out to elevated privileged users
- a few users need some handholding
- one month to persona expiration
symbols service refactoring (snappy) (Will, Peter)
- Will suggested that the current codebase isn't durable and we should rewrite it
- requirements aren't clear at this point--is it just for engineers? will it be used for client-side symbolification?
splitting out collector (Will)
- Will is culling code that doesn't need to be part of the collector and fixing the remaining code
- Will sent JP an email to start figuring out the process of re-ifying the new collector and putting it in production
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/mozilla/socorro-collector/issues