< Breakpad | Status Meetings
« previous meeting — index – next week » create?
- 1 Meeting Info
- 2 Operations Updates
- 3 Project Updates
- 4 Major Projects
- 4.1 Migrating off of persona
- 4.2 Sending public data to parquet for reading from spark/re:dash
- 4.3 Symbols service refactoring (snappy, somewhat tangental to us)
- 4.4 Signature generation across crash reporters
- 4.5 Splitting out collector
- 4.7 Handling more PII data in crashes
- 4.8 Sending stacks for all crashes from the client
- 4.9 Replacing FTPscraper
- 5 other business
- 6 Travel, etc
- 7 Links
Breakpad status meetings occur on Wed at 10:00am Pacific Time.
Vidyo: Stability 650-903-0800 x92 conf 98200# 800-707-2533 (pin 369) conf 98200#
IRC backchannel: #breakpad
Mountain View: Dancing Baby (3rd floor)
- python upgrade -- what is the state?
- upgrade was underway and then it stopped
- peterbe confirms the stage webheads are not using the new expected version of python
- need to talk to JP about the state of things
- still waiting on accounts
- middleware outage
- report index errors
- phrawzty, jp, peterbe tried debugging
- no python errors, it was happening pre-python
- conclusion is -- bummer? ephemeral error
- we implemented health check monitoring to catch this
- best response is going to be getting rid of the middleware
- this will let us shut down (some) uWSGI
- We have MOTD now (Message Of The Day)
- in prod
Migrating off of persona
- In production! Yay!
- :njn struggles to sign in.
- Only person to contact me with any problems.
- Still debugging it. Apparently works on some clear Firefox profiles.
- google auth is configured to .com
- need to add .org (DONE)
Sending public data to parquet for reading from spark/re:dash
- The CrashStorage class that sends a refined crash to S3 is in master!
- Adrian to configure it up on stage
- Scala code in progress.
- Wrote a script that takes a JSON Schema file and generates the Scala structs source code https://gist.github.com/peterbe/9ab091bdaaebb832c09007a489de5217
- Found some crash report keys that are too ambiguous and needs to solidify before finishing the Scala code entirely https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294088
Symbols service refactoring (snappy, somewhat tangental to us)
- ddurst will own it entirely
- his team plans to do a wholecloth rewrite
- we can stop tracking this now
Signature generation across crash reporters
- ddurst wants this service for crash pings
- we cannot deliver an exact match
- we may be able to do good enough
- README has instructions to try that service out
Splitting out collector
Will is spending time documenting the current collector and processor. The docs are in progress and temporarily located here:
- was on hold while e10s shipped.
- waiting on platform to resource it
Handling more PII data in crashes
- no update
Sending stacks for all crashes from the client
- ddurst is moving ahead
- symbol api rewrite is blocking this
- signature generation as a service is blocking this
- it's still an open question if that's the way we're going to go
- Nick Thomas in the midst of working on generating a "socorro.json" file in the build artifacts in TaskCluster.
- Even when we have a taskcluster scraper/crawler we're going to need to keep ftpscraper.py for Thunderbird and Seamonkey.
- book travel this week or next
- rust conf at the tail end, buy tickets and expense if you want
- trainings or conference
- mbrandt - services qa workweek in MV, August 15 - 19