Calendar:0.3a2 Task List
Sunbird 0.3a2 goals/tasklist
I (jminta) wanted to start getting down some sort of checklist for what needs to be done for 0.3a2, so that we can get that out the door a lot faster than 0.3a1. Feel free to add/subtract/comment on this.
Get calendar-month-view.xml and calendar-multiday-view.xml into Sunbird and track down all the regressions this will cause (redrenius/jminta are testing this now)
- We need to win mvl's war on boxes
- Views need to support multiple event selection (via ctrl+click)
Fix coloring/themes to match throughout app Be consistent throughout with editing single occurrence/all occurrences (probably need new UI, or at least a prompt)
- It's pretty easy to allow custom views at with calendar-multiday-view.xml, consider exposing some UI for that
- jminta wants a new selection manager to replace calendarEventSelection()
- Unify the tasklist/views, so that the bugs about the delete/edit buttons not working for tasks go away.
Event Dialog calendar-event-dialog.xul is a lot simpler, easier to use, but it's missing some of the fields we want, expecially categories. gekacheka had some ideas here Again, be consistent with single occurrence/all occurrences
- mvl mentioned this might need/want to be redone (In progress)
- Stop using get*Pref() to set default prefs. Use a real pref.js file (In progress)
- Probably best to use the basic idea behind get*Pref, to reduce the need to write var prefService = ..., then fix all these calls
- Figure out what prefs are no longer useful, what new ones we need
- There's a bug on adding an advanced tab with a link to about:config (but redrenius' extension also works fine)
Actually make the timezone pref picker work Stop creating events as floating by default
- Figure out UI for creating events in particular timezones
Fix the l10n bug about bad tz names in calendar.properties
mvl has the 0.3a1 blocker for importing speed.
- Where else are we slow that we can gain?
- Is it too early for calICalendarCaching?
Look at how often getItems is called
- do more with webdav:
- url browsing to get the right cal
- improve ics provider code
- try to have some way to safely share a calendar
Make alarms not suck as much as they do now
Printing sucks, too. We at least need to get a better htmlexport engine.
- Ideally, we should fix some of the other bugs where printing doesn't work for a fair number of people
Use the publish dialog in base/ (bug 293710)
- Make the progress bar actually work
- Look into syncing with pda (opensync?)
- Use the code from the share-ics task mentioned above
There are some other bugs that we denied 0.3a1 approval for, track those down and get them in.
- Improve/restore intuitive imports (DnD, commandline, webcal, etc)
- There's been some recent noise regarding Syncml for mozilla stuff. Maybe try and get that in?
- (meta) Don't block the UI as often. (For example, importing blocks the ui, can't show a progressbar because of that (not like it tries..) Same with playing an alarm sound.)